Search Unity

City Exhibition Space

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Smithee, May 7, 2009.

1. Smithee

Smithee

2. KarelA

KarelA

Wow. You are from Digital Urban? I read your blog every day and i have gained so much knowledge from you guys.

You know your exhibition is so cool that i wanted to spend more time in it. Sadly i am at work so i have to wait til i get home and visit it properly (like in real life)

But this thing is uber cool. It is a game engine but it is perfect for any kind of visualization project too.

3. Smithee

Smithee

Sorry for the delayed reply, glad you liked it. Its being rebuilt at the moment using SketchUp/LightUP, we should have a new version out next week.

Glad you got some use from the blog :)

Andy

4. Zante

Zante

Light-up is a god send. Been using it myself for a while now. Max is all well and good but the pipeline is just too long for me.

Great stuff :]

5. KarelA

KarelA

Yeah i saw the screens and video. It looked kick ass, cant wait to visit it. You mention in your blog that the scene is a mixup of SketchUp/LightUp, 3D Max and Unity.

Did you use Max for scene creation and LightUp for lighting? Or is the new version all done in SketchUP?

Thanks.

6. Smithee

Smithee

It was all done in the free version of SketchUp, Max was used for the animated models but i moved to SketchUp for the layout.

Most of the time was actually spent learning the lighting, its still not quite right (the ceilings are a bit dark..) but the workflow to Unity is so quick.

The movie and screenshot of the update for anyone interested is here:

http://digitalurban.blogspot.com/2009/05/unity-sketchup-lightup-and-max-progress.html

Mixing SketchUp lights with Unity's lights seems to be a bit of an art as well - to ensure the imported models from Max look natural in the scene.

Andy