Search Unity

City Building Kit

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by MarkusUnger, Sep 27, 2015.

1. MarkusUnger

MarkusUnger

Hello,

I looked at the unity asset store and found the City Building Kit. Does anybody have experience with this kind of game templates maybe exaclty with this product? I would be great to hear from anybody how used this for a game.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16832

Thanks for help!

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

That's a pretty steep price! I guess the idea is it'll help you build your Clash of Clans clone, so you can rake in similar profits.

I've never bought a full game framework like this, as it would really go against the point of why I'm making games in the first place. But if your goal is to get something to market and you think the cost is worth the time it'll save you, it's certainly worth consideration.

I'm not aware of any foul play in the Asset Store reviews section, so that'd be a good place to start with getting opinions on customers of that product. I'd also look at any links they provide, and then search the crap out of them to see if there's stuff they don't want you to know (like poor customer service history, products no longer supported, etc).

And of course, if you do decide to buy, make sure to leave your own review so that others can gain insight from your experience!

3. uni7y

uni7y

strange they don't have a forum to support their product... that always make me nervous