Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

City-based game ideas?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by coder_58, Jul 21, 2022.

1. coder_58

coder_58

Hi,

I'm brainstorming a new game and am thinking of making a city a setting/environment for it. I'm not sure what kind of game I should build, though - I'd appreciate any cool ideas you might like to play, thanks!

The attached image is the city I plan to use, and I'm considering doing some sort of thing where the five helipad areas lead to five different levels. However I'm not sure what kind of levels they should be, their theme, objectives, environments, and whatnot.

Attached Files:

• city.jpg
      city.jpg
      File size:
      118.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Ukounu

Ukounu

Imagine a book writer having no ideas and creativity of his own, who has to rely on random strangers telling him about what kind of book he should write. Would you be excited to read a book like that, when you can choose instead one of thousands of other books, written by authors who did have some ideas and imagination of their own?

Beginning to build a game without even knowing what exactly you want to build is setting yourself up for failure from the very beginning, IMO. Unless you are doing this purely as a practice/skill training exercise and don't intend to publish your game anywhere, of course.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    coder_58 likes this.
  3. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

I’ve always wanted to make a simcity game where you have to defend against Kaiju with giant robots.

So basically simcity meets xcom, where you have to build with defenses in mind and combat has consequences on your city.

Build turrets, giant robot hangers, arms deployment, walls, bunkers, etc…

Take it if you want it.