Search Unity

CinemachineCollider bug. When camera detects double collider it jumps forward to bad position.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by RedRival, Jan 12, 2019.

1. RedRival

RedRival

After digging around why my camera jumps before player and trying different things I finally found a cause of this noughty bug.
    I use CinemachineCollider for CinemachineFreeLook for simple 3d person camera and when player steps back to a wall sometime camera jumps before him with strange pattern. After some research I noticed that double colliders are the root of the problem.
    Here is settings just for the info, but really it doesn't matter, buggy behaviour exists in every mode.
    upload_2019-1-12_16-9-48.png

With simple setup our camera behaves correctly as expected:
    upload_2019-1-12_16-12-9.png

But the moment we duplicate that wall behind, camera jumps into the wrong position before the player:
    upload_2019-1-12_16-13-47.png

It seems when raycast hits more than once it pushes camera for every hit somehow. The interesting thing is that after 1-2 seconds it may move back to correct position. If we continue to duplicate walls it pushes the camera even more.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. slavaglap

slavaglap

I have the same problem

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

This is a bug in CinemachineCollider, when resolving the camera radius. If you set the Collider's camera radius to 0, the problem goes away. We're working on a fix, should be there in the next release of CM (2.2.9).

4. RedRival

RedRival

Thank you!