Search Unity

Feedback Cinemachine

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by youngmusa, Aug 29, 2019.

1. youngmusa

youngmusa

Hello, so basically I'm making a game in unity and set up the player movement and all that but I also have the cinemachine freelook camera set up and I rigged it to work with the asset control freak 2, it works but when I play it on my android the whole screen of my phone moves the camera, even when I'm trying to move my joystick the camera moves as well and I don't know what else to do to make it only work on the right side of the screen, please help. Is it that the problem is control freak 2?. I uploaded this again because I uploaded the thread in the wrong forum, sorry.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Deleted User likes this.
  3. youngmusa

youngmusa

Ah thanks for replying, I think I got it now

4. Spikebor

Spikebor

Hello, i found out that Cinemachine Volume setting which i used to animate the Focus Offset for DoF does not update everyframe in edit mode and also in timeline.
    It works in playmode.
    I think it's better if we let it update in timeline at least, or both timeline and edit mode, it help with animation keyframing.
    Unity 2020.1.11f1
    Cinemachine 2.6.3
    Timeline 1.3.6
    Is this a lack of feature or a bug ?

Update: I found out that if i select the Playable Director and drag the timeline marker it will update in timeline. but when i focus on the Virtual Camera where i would animate the Focus Offset, it will not update so i don't know how the Focus Offset would affect the final image. Current workaround is i double click on the animation clip and animate the value in there, but i feel not so intuitive working like this.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I am unable to reproduce this issue. Dragging the focus offset works for me in Timeline and edit mode. Can you make a small repro project that shows this?

6. Spikebor

Spikebor

Sorry for the inconvenience Gregoryl. It surprised me that today i open the project and try keyframing Focus Offset again and it works.
    I'll pack the project and send to you when i know exactly how to reproduce the issue. This is a simple test project nothing to hide tho.