Search Unity

Cinemachine will not let me record. I keep getting "cannot record in maximize at play"

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by ErnestoRZ, Sep 23, 2019.

1. ErnestoRZ

ErnestoRZ

When ever I try to record using cinemachine it wont let me. Giving me the error "cannot record while in maximize at play" even when I turn it off??? This is getting really annoying, every time they update somethingn, something else stops working. I am so close to dumping Unity and using Unreal instead. Jesus F***ing christ, cant they update S*** without everything else going to S***????

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

3. jean_unity_film_tv

jean_unity_film_tv

Unity Technologies

Hi @ErnestoRZ,

Sorry to read that you have issue with the recorder.

In order to help us find the issue could you provide us more information about this problem?

Which version of unity are you using?
    Which version of the unity recorder (you can see the version number in the package manager)?
    Which version of the cinemachine package.
    What are your recording options, capture type, from the recorder windows or from the timeline?
    On which platform? Windows/OSx/Linux which OS version?
    In the project settings/Player/Other Settings what is the Rendering Color Space* (Linear or Gamma)
    Which rendering pipeline are you using Legacy or one the scriptable render pipeline?

Finally if you could you provide a small project with steps to reproduce this problem it would be very helpful.

FYI: here on Windows 10 with unity 2019.2.5f, unity recorder 2.0.3-preview-1 and cinemachine version 2.3.4, I can record correctly without the error that you mentioned.

Regards,
    Jean