Search Unity

Cinemachine + Timeline - Cannot cut to gameplay camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Mars91, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Mars91

Mars91

Hi,
    I'm having a strange "bug" with Timeline + Cinemachine. Basically I cannot cut to the gameplay camera, the camera does any kind of smooth blends but no Cut.
    As soon as a timeline ends i disable the camera parent (which is child of an empty gameobject together with the timeline).

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The Timeline CM track acts as an override to the vcam priority and blending system. What you should do is put the game in the desired state as if no timeline is active (i.e. game camera active and highest priority). When you then start the timeline with a CM track, the shots in the CM track will take over - regardless of priority and whether the vcams are active or not. This way, when the clip ends, the override is cancelled and the game vcam should take over with no blend.

3. Mars91

Mars91

So basically my gameplay cam should have a higher priority of my cutscene cam?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes. What is happening now is that when the timeline ends, control is being given back to the priority system, but the priority system thinks that the cutscene camera is the current active, and when you disable it it will blend to the game cam. If the priority system thinks that the game cam is the current active, it will take over directly when the timeline ends.

Another option is to disable the cutscene vcam GameObject, so the priority system never sees it in the first place (Timeline auto-activates vcams that it uses).