Search Unity

Cinemachine Timeline Blending

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by JakubSmaga, Jun 21, 2017.

1. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Hello Everyone!

In Unity's animations you can switch modes between Smooth, Flat, Borken etc., Is Cinemachine going to get this type of stuff in the Timeline to get more phyiscs-based/smooth blending without creating our own animations? Right now when i'm blending from one to another camera in Timeline it's smooth but there is always the same kinda static way how it ends.

My blend: https://gyazo.com/713679c5620e6405db21acec8eb0fdd6 (You can see that "hard" ending)

Another example of my blending using only Timeline (No stopping in Timeline,, just blending to another camera when first blend stops): https://gyazo.com/e2975f323f6209a99cc26588f1bfe6e8

As you can see even GTA 5 has those modes:
    7:31

Here you can see how it smoothly blends without any stopping (From the bottom one to the another bottom one which is at the front of it and then it goes up):
    0:47

Also another great exapmle where it blends from middle to right, then left and right camera again without any stopping:
    0:48

Thank you, Jacob.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can control the blend curves for any clip in timeline, including Cinemachine shots:

upload_2017-6-21_10-53-28.png

See the weird blend curve I put in? You can put anything there. When it has to blend in, it will use that curve.

Another option would be to blend to/from slowly moving cameras. That will kill any static-ness you're feeling. Try putting some low-frequency noise on them, for instance.

3. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Try the moving camera thing. Add low-freq noise on your cams. I think that will help

5. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

Greg has the solution with the clip blending modes. Make sure a clips 'end' and the next clips 'start' are linear so there's no stopping of the blend.

Are all these cameras getting triggered by Timeline?

6. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Yes they are all getting triggered by the Timeline, it blends from first camera, to the second which is on the left side of the car and then it goes to the FreeLook.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017