Search Unity

Cinemachine - Solo camera help

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by WimB, Jun 19, 2019.

1. WimB

WimB

Hi

I am using the cinemachine 2.2.8 and Unity 2018.2.02f1- and using The State driven cameras
    The problem i have is, when i select one of my state driven cameras, and the click solo the camera view shows nicely in the game view. However when I click back on my heirachy in the editor as I need to edit the position of some Objects that are in scenea, the camera goes back to the main camera.

How do I keep the camera in Solo and still enable me to click on the editor hierachy and make object position changes in the scene. I have tried to lock the inspector, and also to change the priorty on the camera to say 1000 which used to work but this doesnt not work now

Any ideas please help

2. WimB

WimB

I have just rolled back to 2.2.7 of cinemachine and the Solo with inspector lock is working, so it looks like its a bug in the new one

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Interesting. We'll have a look. Thanks for letting us know.

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It might have to do with the order of the inspector windows. Sometimes that matters. The Solo functionality in CM didn't change with 2.2.8. Your results could be just a fluke.

drwoodard7 likes this.
  5. WimB

WimB

Hi Gregoryl, thanks for the reply. Yes it seems like it was a fluke as im now using 2.2.9 and the solo and lock is working.
    You mentioned the inspector order might have something to do with it, could you shed some light on this as in what should the order be or not bed. Regards

drwoodard7 likes this.