Search Unity

Cinemachine resets to Main Camera perspective in Game View (Unity)

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by GIitch, Dec 31, 2018.

1. GIitch

GIitch

I want to use Cinemachine for my Unity projects but I can't get past this persistent issue. For whatever reason, Cinemachine resets its Game View perspective to that of the Main Camera whenever I leave Play mode. I'll walk through the process to better explain what's going on.

1. Started a brand new project and reinstalled Unity in an attempt to bypass the issue
    2. Imported Cinemachine, ProBuilder, and the Post Processing Stack
    3. Added the Cinemachine Brain to the Main Camera found in the sample scene
    4. Imported a basic character model and positioned them in the scene
    5. Created a Virtual Camera and applied 'Follow' and 'Look At' to the player character
    6. Applied a Rigidbody to the character model after confirming Cinemachine works

Here's a visual demonstration of the problem

A friend of mine experienced with the tool tried to re-create the issue, but didn't encounter it themselves. I cannot work with Cinemachine if the game view is not available. Please, if anyone has the faintest idea of what might be causing the issue, I'd appreciate some suggestions.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

We haven't heard of this problem before. Try and see if it happens with the latest Cinemachine 2.2.8, available via the package manager. It seems that you have the asset store version, which is very old.

3. GIitch

GIitch

That did it, thank you! I installed 2.2.8 via the update manager and replaced the existing components and now it's working smoothly. May I ask why the Unity Asset store doesn't have the latest version?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

We are gradually moving everything over to the package manager. The asset store version of CM is to support legacy versions of Unity.