Search Unity

Cinemachine Post Fx missing

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by GonzoGan, May 24, 2018.

1. GonzoGan

GonzoGan

Hello,
    i cannot find the Cinemachine Post Fx component, as shown in this tutorial:

upload_2018-5-24_11-49-50.png

I am on 2018.1 0f2 Personal, cinemachine 2.1.13 and post processing 2.0.5preview.

Has this been removed or am i the only one missing it?

Thanks!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You just need to do this to import the asset which unites Cinemachine and PostProcessing:

upload_2018-5-24_9-46-28.png

Satyros likes this.
  3. GonzoGan

GonzoGan

Thank you Gregoryl.
    I just tried it and it worked, but in my case the right package was "import Post Processing V1".

Issue resolved.

Cheers

4. Meatgrind

Meatgrind

Ahoy there! Important notice: as shown in your screenshot there is ONLY the Adaptor for V2 Postprocessing. Menu item to install Adaptor for V1 Postprocessing IS MISSING, and browsing through "C:/Users/AppData/Local.../com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.0/" it seems the unitypackage for V1 adapter is missing too, so I can't even install it manually. Only the V2 Adaptor unitypackage is present in the unity package cache folder so V1 Adaptor is clearly just dropped from Cinemachine 2.2.0.

Is this intentional, or an accidental breakage specific to Cinemachine 2.2.0 release? @Gregoryl Could you please send me or post online the unitypackage for the V1 Postprocessing Adaptor somehow?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

We are trying to encourage the community to use Post Processing v2 as it's so much better in so many ways, and having the v1 support there in the menu was sending the wrong message. Is there a strong reason why you don't want to move to PPv2?

6. Meatgrind

Meatgrind

Just for the time being our artists/designers are busy and cannot be tasked to remove every CinemachinePostFX behaviour and delete and recreate all post processing profiles. If I were to upgrade to Cinemachine 2.2.0 now as it is, I would just leave EVERY Scene in our game broken visually and full of missing components and I assume there would be little to no way to reference what things were supposed to look like when recreating the postprocessing in PostProcessing Stack V2 later.

So, while we will eventually move to PPV2, we cannot at the time, and since PPV1 Adaptor is not available at all, we cannot upgrade Cinemachine either - which would have been a nice cleanup task and modernisation for yesterday otherwise.

@Gregoryl could you simply add the .unitypackage for PPV1 Adaptor into the Package Manager fileset, alongside the PPV2Adaptor.unitypackage? You could keep the menuitem hidden if you wish to hide the option from most users, but PPV1 Adaptor would still be available in the AppData/Local PackageManager cache for those who really need this.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  7. Kev00

Kev00

hmm.. I just tried importing via the Cinemachine menu and I'm getting a "missing file /CinemachinePostProcessingV2.unitypackage" error.

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

@Kev00 I just tried it with Unity 2018.2.0b8. Created new project, installed CM from Packman, then clicked on Import PostProcessing V2 adaptor in the CM menu. Worked without a hitch. What version of Unity are you running? Did you try restarting it?

9. Kev00

Kev00

thanks.. restarting worked

10. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

@Meatgrind We're not planning to preserve compatibility between newer versions of CM and old versions of Post. The possible permutations simply become too many to support. That said, I can give you something for now to tide you over while you do the migration to the newer tools. Here it is, tested with 2018.1 and the most recent PPv1 from github.

Attached Files:

id0 likes this.
  11. Meatgrind

Meatgrind

Exactly what I was looking for to begin with, thank you! I realize and appreciate the trouble with upkeep of multiple variants and combinations and that the support for V1 needs to be dropped eventually, but for now this missing piece will be exactly the thing to speed up our transition to V2 via this little detour. :)

Gregoryl likes this.
  12. mhswebmaster

mhswebmaster

Gregory

I teach Unity at a school as we recently updated to Unity Pro version 2018.2.5f1. When I install the 2D Game Kit I get 17 errors that deal with the CinemachinePost ProcessingV2... Can you maybe give me a hint on what in the world I need to do to fix this...it is present on every student machine and mine. I will attach a screen shot of the errors that show up when we load the initial download and running of the 2D Game Kit from within Unity (when you open UNity GO to Learn and Tutorial Projects then click down load by the 2D Game Kit.... after it downloads I then click on Start and these are the errors that we get on the school computers.

Attached Files:

13. Aurore

Aurore

Head of Learn Content Production Unity Technologies

Hey, I believe we've been emailing through one of our account managers. We've not been able to reproduce the issues so far but we're taking a closer look today. We'll respond with updates in the Game Kit thread and tag you so we can keep this thread on topic. https://forum.unity.com/threads/2d-game-kit-official-thread.517249/page-4

Adam_Myhill likes this.
  14. mhswebmaster

mhswebmaster

I will try to message you to give you more details and my contact info

15. Nomadoso

Nomadoso

Hello. i have an issue with CinemachinePostProcessing extension. Each time when i start unity, its script is missing.
    the same thing i've got in unity 2018 and 2019. PostProcess Version 2.1.5
    upload_2019-4-9_11-20-46.png

16. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Did you do this?

upload_2019-4-10_16-25-56.png

17. Nomadoso

Nomadoso

yes. im using v2 postprocess. For some cameras postprocess may missing and for some not. I find that deleting camera and creating it again solve the problem. I find another problem with Focus track target animation. Im setting the animation and when restart unity animation don't work, but keyframes still exist.
    upload_2019-4-11_18-1-4.png

Attached Files:

18. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What version of CM are you using?

19. Nomadoso

Nomadoso

20. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The current version of CM is 2.2.8. I suggest you upgrade, re-install the CM/PostProcessing adapter package, and see if you still have problems.

21. Nomadoso

Nomadoso

When i downgrade to 2.2.8 cinemachine just disappear, but in package manager it still exist. It's gone from upper menu and add components drop down.

22. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Sorry, my mistake. I had read CM 2.2.3 instead of CM 2.3.3.

If you're using Unity 2019.1 then you need minimum CM 2.3.3.
    If you're using Unity 20.8.3 or earlier, you can use CM 2.2.8.

It sounds like you have a corrupted project on your hands. Can you backtrack to a point where it was working?
    Can you test CM + PP in a new project?

23. Nomadoso

Nomadoso

i create new project, cm 2.3.3 pp 2.1.6. Create aimation of pulling focus from one cube to another. When i just created it, it works fine but when i restart unity the animation is not working. upload_2019-4-16_11-23-53.png

Attached Files:

24. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, this is a bug in some versions of Unity. Which version are you using?

25. Nomadoso

Nomadoso

2019.1.0f1

26. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

27. OldLegWig

OldLegWig

I'm running Cinemachine 2.3.4 in 2019.3.0a3 and this this option does not appear in the Cinemachine menu. When I attempt to add the post processing extension to a vcam that is part of a prefab, the script is added and everything seems normal. When I apply the changes to the prefab and then enter prefab mode the CinemachinePostProcessing script shows as missing. If I attempt to apply only the added CinemachinePostProcessing script to the prefab, Unity crashes. I reproduced this on a clean 2019.3.0a6 project as well.

28. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Unity 2019.1 has a conditional define feature that allows packages to be soft-dependent on other packages. CM 2.3.4 uses this feature to auto-detect PostProcessing, so you don't need to manually import anymore.

Unfortunately, there is a bug in Unity that causes this feature to fail if the optional script is included in a prefab. We are working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, you can work around this by embedding CM and making the change described here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/postprocessing-adapter-conflicts-with-cm-2-3-3.664060/#post-4461265

OldLegWig likes this.
  29. OldLegWig

OldLegWig

unityunity