Search Unity

Cinemachine Output Resolution > x1080p_FHD do not work

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by michaelzwick, Oct 31, 2018.

1. michaelzwick

michaelzwick

Cinemachine is a wonderful tool for path definition to render the videos and it works really good for low resolution. If choose the output resolution to x1440p_QHD or x2160p_4K there are some errors:

• WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36b4 while reading E:/zwm/Unity/ProjectVR/./Recordings/movie.mp4
    • Error in VideoMediaEncoder::Create create and setting attributes in ./Recordings/movie.mp4.
      UnityEngine.Recorder.Timeline.RecorderPlayableBehaviour:OnBehaviourPlay(Playable, FrameData)
    • NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      UnityEditor.Recorder.MediaRecorder.RecordFrame (UnityEngine.Recorder.RecordingSession session) (at Assets/Recorder/Extensions/MovieRecorder/Recorder/Editor/MediaRecorder.cs:240)
      UnityEngine.Recorder.RecordingSession.RecordFrame () (at Assets/Recorder/Framework/Core/Engine/RecordingSession.cs:131)

I'm using:
    • Unity 2018.1.7f1 on Windows 7
    • Cinemachine 2.2.7
    • Unity Recorder (experimental) 0.2.0032
    Is there someone who know where the error could come from? Perhaps it’s from the experimental Unity Recorder.

Thanks Michael

2. Emiles

Emiles

Afraid I don’t have an answer for the bug, but I did wonder about rendering straight to movie file and decided against it on a project of mine. I had a 6 minute animation. Instead I rendered to png and then converted to movie after.

I was lucky to have adobe suit so used premiere but I’ve used ffmpeg in the past.

Rendering to movie directly for short clips is probs ok, however for long clips like mine having the source pngs meant I could easily rerender parts and splice them together with another tool.

A better pipeline imho.

michaelzwick likes this.
  3. chafik_unity

chafik_unity

Unity Technologies

michaelzwick likes this.