Search Unity

Cinemachine not working

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by DizzyVix, May 16, 2018.

1. DizzyVix

DizzyVix

I imported Cinemachine from the assets store and it just will not work, using Unity 2018.1.0f2

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

DizzyVix likes this.
  3. DizzyVix

DizzyVix

Fantastic and thank you very much!

4. Parallax

Parallax

How can you record Bullet time? Slowed down the game, but the video is not slowed down.

5. chafik_unity

chafik_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Parallax,

If I understand correctly, you want to slow down the game but record a video as if the slow down never happened and everything at normal speed, correct?

Also, it's better to go and ask directly in the Unity Recorder forum instead :)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-recorder-update.509458/

Thanks

6. aceghost360

aceghost360

Hey... Im using Cinemachine 2.6.5. I have been trying to look for answers but never actually found any so decided to post a question. To be blunt I dont see any of the top, middle, or bottom rigs. Please Help!!

7. aceghost360

aceghost360

Never mind. Just got to know that the version 2.6.5 doesn't show the rig visually but works fine. Thanks

8. ALIENPANDA

ALIENPANDA

Hey, @Gregoryl I updated my unity editor from 2019.4 to 2020.3 and the cinemachine is not working properly. if I tried to change the camera projection from perspective to orthographic and back to perspective, it works. Is there a solution for this?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  9. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What version of CM?

10. ALIENPANDA

ALIENPANDA

I'm using Cinemachine 2.6.11

11. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I'm trying to reproduce your issue by doing this:
    1. In Unity 2020.3 with CM 2.6.11, create a new scene
    2. change main camera to orthographic
    3. add a virtual camera. Verify that it's orthographic (it is)
    4. close the scene, then re-open it.
    5. check the virtual camera. Is it orthographic? (yes)
    I don't see a problem. Can you give more details about what isn't working?

12. ALIENPANDA

ALIENPANDA

Let me describe it as a whole. I was working on a project in unity 2019.3.14 and due to other android dependency issues and test lab failure, I had to update my unity editor. So, I updated the unity editor to 2020.3.24. After doing so, the cameras were working fine in the menu part and the loading part. But, In the gameplay I use cinemachine. Starting from a timeline to a player-follow up camera. In that part, the cinemachine wasn't working as it used to be in the older unity editor. In-game, I use perspective as the camera projection. But, after all the timeline and player-follow camera enables, the camera is still stuck at one place. So a solution I found was to manually change the camera projection from perspective to orthographic.

13. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I can't really tell what happened from your description. I'm glad you found a solution.

ALIENPANDA likes this.
  14. ALIENPANDA

ALIENPANDA

The issue

15. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, any iodeas what my issue is?

Im using 2019.4 unity, latest invector character and cinemaching.

I just returned to my project after many months off and cant get the character camer to work right.

Heres what is happening. With "reset the target heading" anabled.

I movew forward with the left stick of xbox controller, and then right and left and backwards and everything seems to work fine.

But then when I use the right stick to move around the charatcter as I move forward right, eventually the character doesnt turn rightany more and then from that point the left stick directions have changed.

Its the Right to go forward, L:eft to backwards, Down to go right, up to go left and so on.

These also change again so down is forward, up is backwards etc.

Its as if the settings of the controller are always correct when heading East for example. and as I move the right stick to rotate the camera the camer turns but then the stick positions change so I then have no idea how to move the character in a partiiicular direction.

I have quadruple checked the Inpur settings and they are correct.
    Cinemachine cameras were working fine last time out and the settings seem to be the same.

So what is going on? Any ideas appreciated.

Many thanks.

16. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

@Hawk0077 Can you show the inspector for your virtual camera?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  17. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Gregory, I will create a short video of the settings involved later today. Thanks.

18. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Agin Gregoryl, I have created a short video (2 mins) so you can see the settings and basic setup.

The stick on the controller whcih has all correct imputs only moves forward, backwards, right and left, as they should do, when facing the nitial dirrectiion on the teerrain.

When I try to go to the right, there comes a point where it sops moving to the right (character) and from that point (seen at end of video) the reverse is true for the controller, forward goes backward and so on.

Many thanks again for your assist. Anything you can say is helpful, but I am not a ualified developer.

Heres the video link: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqCnWIL3cdjfg6o57mPAJsVZxWMZHQ?e=xbDSHa

19. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the info. I suspect that the problem lies with your character controller. How are you processing the left stick? Usually people consider the rotation of the main camera when interpreting the direction of the movement controller. That way, the direction is always relative to the way the camera is pointing (project the camera Z axis onto the XZ plane to get the "forward" direction). You can look at the PlayerMove.cs script that comes with the Cinemachine Samples for an example of this.