Search Unity

Cinemachine not working with Unity Collab

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by kirstyhollis, Feb 15, 2018.

1. kirstyhollis

kirstyhollis

I am using Unity Version 2017.3.0f with Cinemachine version 2.1.10.

I have created a Cinemachine track referencing Main Camera as a playable director, using various virtual cameras that transition from one to the other. I also have a few animation clips under the Cinemachine track. The mechanics are working fine on my machine, however when I hit Unity Collab and my Teammate pulls down these changes, they can't see the camera track. Only the animation track.

Under the playable director component on the Main Camera is the bindings field, on my machine this displays the Cinemachine track and animation track. However, on my teammates machine the bindings field only shows the animation track.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it is stopping us progressing further with the project.

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

That is a bit strange. A few suggestions to try,

1) Make sure both machines have the same cinemachine on them. I would assume this to be the case if using collab, I suggest it because it sounds like cinemachine tracks are missing locally.
    2) Grab the latest 2017.3 build. We fixed a related bug with timeline and cinemachine that could be relevant here. It will at least tell you if the track is there and can't read it, or if the track is truly missing.
    3) If both those succeed, see if you can create a cinemachine track locally. Then publish it and see if your colleague can see it as well.

3. kirstyhollis

kirstyhollis

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestions and it seems to have worked.

Installed Unity version 2017.3.1, this has fixed some post processing build errors I was having. I can now produce a clean build. I created a local cinemachine track and published this and my colleague was able to see this. Subsequently re published the file I was having issues with and my colleague was able to see this also.