Search Unity

Official Cinemachine menu has moved (2.7.1)

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by marc_tanenbaum, Nov 22, 2020.

1. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hi all,

I'll be writing a pinned forum post soon for the Cinemachine 2.7 series, but I wanted to draw everyone's attention to one big visual change in the UI that you can already see. On installing from Package Manager, you'll now note that the telltale Cinemachine menu is no longer where you may be used to seeing it. Many users have asked us to work at integrating CM more closely into the fabric of Unity and we are doing so. One example of this is that Cinemachine objects are now created just like any other GameObject: from the GameObjects menu (and in all the other places that GameObjects are generally created).

Attached Files:

2. Baste

Baste

Yay!

I've been meaning to make a post to whine about Cinemachine taking up so much toolbar real estate for a while, glad you fixed it!

I'd be completely fine with the group just being named "cameras", and the default Camera living together with the Cinemachine components, but I guess that won't work very well in projects that doesn't include Cinemachine?

marc_tanenbaum likes this.
  3. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Glad you're pleased!

We considered exactly this, but determined that it wasn't the right answer for now. (Could change later...but for now this seemed like the right incremental step.)

4. darkdoom973

darkdoom973

Thanks, I removed cinemachine but thanks