Search Unity

Cinemachine Howto: ClearShot camera "orbit" blend? [Solved]

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by spakment, Dec 5, 2018.

1. spakment

spakment

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to create an "orbit" blend between 2 cinemachine clear shot cameras.

I have a 2 clear shot cameras, both locked in their z axis one at the front and one at the back of a building.
    As the player (the follow & look at target) moves around the building the camera follows them in the x & y direction and then cuts between the cameras as they move between the front and back of the building.

I'd like the cameras to blend by doing an orbit round the building (the red oval on the diagram). Cut blend is fine, but any of the easing blends take a direct path (as they should) to the next camera.

Is there any way fine grained way to control the blend (can extensions do this)?

I've tried using the custom blend feature, but this still only allows me to do the same (cut or ease) type of transitions. Is there a better setup - some sort of dolly camera setup?

thanks in advance

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

On the vcams that you want to blend in this manner, set the following blend hint:

upload_2018-12-5_9-46-2.png

SAMYTHEBIGJUICY likes this.
  3. spakment

spakment

Aha, thank you Gregoryl, works perfectly!
    I forgot to mention that I'm on the 2017 LTS, so I had to upgrade to latest Cinemanchine by pulling in a 2018 package to my asset folder but that transition is exactly what I was looking for.