Search Unity

Cinemachine - how to have constant multiple noises in the same camera? Impulses not fit use.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by DearUnityPleaseAddSerializableDictionaries, Jun 9, 2022.

1. DearUnityPleaseAddSerializableDictionaries

DearUnityPleaseAddSerializableDictionaries

I need multiple noises in the same camera.

For example, handheld_tele_strong and 6D_Wobble.

When a user triggers an event, I would do a 6D_Wobble for 40 seconds, lerping from 0 to 1 in the 1st second, and 58 seconds of 1 amplitude, then at the last second, lerp from 1 to 0.

However, the user can "save the game" and exit.

This is easily possible in CinemachineVirtualCamera>Noise>NoiseProfile>6D_Wobble, but I'm not able to have more than one noise profile?

The only other way I can think of is having multiple impulses and adjusting the "duration" of the source just before emitting it? This is a bit weird solution and doesn't fit my exact use-case (i.e. I want full control of the amplitude at random times).

The "CinemachineVirtualCamera>Noise>NoiseProfile>6D_Wobble" offers me full control of the amplitude and I can set it to 0 when I don't need it, is there a way to do an impulse source like that? Impulse sources seem to just be an "emission" rather than a constant source of control like "CinemachineVirtualCamera>Noise>NoiseProfile>6D_Wobble" is.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies