Search Unity

Question Cinemachine Far clip not working

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Protogeneia, May 4, 2022.

1. Protogeneia

Protogeneia

Cinemachine virtual camera won't render objects at greater distance than 2000 ,a simple camera works as expected ,what could be the problem? forum.png

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can set the far clip of the CM vcam's lens here; it has the same range ability as the simple camera:

upload_2022-5-4_17-24-38.png

3. Protogeneia

Protogeneia

Even if I set it 5000 or 100000 it still renders till 2000 ,notice the picture where you can see both cams

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It works perfectly for me. There is no code inside CM that is limiting the far clip range. Would you like to send me your test project?

5. Protogeneia

Protogeneia

Sorry,what would u like me to send? If u mean the project is allready too big file, the thing is if I open a new scene and use CM its working fine ,so,is there something that could possible affect far clip ? So I could check it

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It must be some script inside your code that's limiting the far clip. You need to find it. I suggest using elimination technique - remove stuff until the problem disappears.

7. Protogeneia

Protogeneia

There's no command limiting far clip,still I followed your advice and I found that if I remove the skybox material then the objects are rendered, though the ambient color of the enviroment lighting is drawn every 2k.
    I guess I should start deleting from project files maybe an asset's script could mess things?

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It seems that it's related to the skybox. What happens if you put that skybox on the simple camera?

9. Protogeneia

Protogeneia

It's not particular with that skybox but with any material and it works with normal camera

10. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It's very strange. I don't think that the problem is related to Cinemachine, because Cinemachine just sits on top of the simple camera. Can you reproduce the problem in an empty scene? If not, what happens if you delete the Camera with the CM Brain and make a new one?

11. Protogeneia

Protogeneia

No I can't reproduce the problem and I have the same problem with new camera and Cm Brain ,
    I to think now it's related with something else that I can't figure out

12. Protogeneia

Protogeneia

Just Closing this,problem was too small near clip ,I changed it from 0.001 to 0.05
    thank you for your time

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    YektaOz and Gregoryl like this.
  13. YektaOz

YektaOz

this been a solution for me too for the exact same problem.