Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Cinemachine errors

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by JodieH, Oct 27, 2022.

1. JodieH

JodieH

Hello,

I installed Cinemachine 2.8.9 from the Package Manager (Unity 2021.3.12f1) and it came up with 322 errors. The error codes seem to just be CS0246, CS0103, CS0115, CS0234,

I tried removing Cinemachine and went into the PackageCache folder on my PC, and deleted the package cache folder it mentioned and tried re-installing from the package manager but got the same errors.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry, I'm still new to Unity and game developing.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The error messages in your image look like consequences of another error that is preventing Cinemachine from installing properly. Can you post the full error log? You can find that by right-clicking on the Console tab:

upload_2022-10-27_9-32-11.png

3. JodieH

JodieH

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks for that. There are messages such as these:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GUID [c7d73314dfe49f8458398c6dc8edcda8] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.cinemachine/Runtime/Core/CinemachineCore.cs' conflicts with:
    2.   'Assets/The Great Fleece/Cinemachine/Base/Runtime/Core/CinemachineCore.cs' (current owner)
    It looks as though you already have an outdated version of Cinemachine embedded in the project, which is preventing Cinemachine from loading properly. In the old days (prior to 2018), Cinemachine was delivered on the asset store and was directly added to the project's assets. Because you are trying to upgrade CInemachine in an old project that has the embedded version of Cinemachine, you must take some extra steps: first delete Cinemachine from the project's assets, then restart Unity, and only afterwards install CM from the package manager. This is mentioned in the Cinemachine page of the package manager:

upload_2022-10-27_10-30-32.png

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  5. JodieH

JodieH

Of course, I was being a total dufus, sounds about right!

Thank you so much for your help :)