Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cinemachine Errors on Import

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by twfarro, Jan 5, 2018.

1. twfarro

twfarro

Hello! I am using unity 2017.1.2p2, and instantly get several compile errors from Cinemachine upon importing the asset. One of the developers suggested that this may be due to a naming conflict, but I cannot imagine how that is possible with my current project.

Re-importing does not solve the issue, but importing in to an empty project does.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Do you have any plugins in your project? also what's your Cinemachine & Post-Processing version?

3. twfarro

twfarro

I am on Cinemachine 2.1.10. I do have some plugins (ReorderableList, most notably), but I started a new project and systematically imported all other Asset Store purchases that I am using in the bugged project, and did not have the error manifest.

Which would suggest that the error is somehow caused by something I've done. But the message it's giving looks like a compile error?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It looks like a script conflict. Try bringing your project scripts in gradually until the error manifests.

5. GiuseppeGela

GiuseppeGela

Hi guys, I have similar problems here.

I've tried to import Cinemachine V2.1.10 in unity 2018.1.0f2, completely new project without any other plugin or asset and I get these errors unitybug.PNG

I tried also with unity 2017.3.0f3 again with an empty project and I had no errors. Then I tried to import cinemachine in a project with some assets and ProBuilder (unity 2017 again) and I got the same errors again.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

7. _uso212

_uso212

Hello everyone, I'm using Unity 2017.4.9 for a client project and when I try to import Cinemachine I get this error:

Assets/Cinemachine/Base/Editor/Editors/CinemachineStateDrivenCameraEditor.cs(179,42): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `Cinemachine.Editor.CinemachineStateDrivenCameraEditor.StateCollector.CollectClipNames(Motion)' has some invalid arguments

Also when importing it to a new project I don't get this error

Any idea of how to fix this?

Regards.

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It would seem that there's a naming conflict with something somewhere in the project. Can you search for some symbols in the offending line, like "CollectClipNames" and see what that turns up?