Search Unity

Bug Cinemachine collider not working?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by jmguillemette, Oct 23, 2022.

1. jmguillemette

jmguillemette

Im using a the "3rd person follow" (I've done this many times before and its worked great for moving the camera around and in front of other objects in the scene.. )

however now.. it does nothing.. absolutely nothing. The camera will stay at the max follow distance and even if an object with a collider is between the player and the camera.. it wont move.

Is this is know issue? I've tried recreating the camera / follow settings. I've check my layers... nothing seems to get the system to work properly.

upload_2022-10-23_15-50-5.png

2. jmguillemette

jmguillemette

Here is a video example of the issue:

The player walks near a large wall.. rotates and the camera just clips right through he wall .. no attempt to adjust its position.

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Possibly something to do with collision layers. Can you show an image of the vcam inspector opened up so we can see the 3rdPersonFollow settings? Also please show the inspector for the wall.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  4. jmguillemette

jmguillemette

Sorry, the original video wasn't sized correctly to capture all the details.

here is a much better demonstration with more details on the issue I'm seeing.

it appears to be a peculiar bug. Any help is appreciated.

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Very interesting. Thanks for that. Can you send me the test project from the video?

6. jmguillemette

jmguillemette

sure what is the best means to do so?
    If you have a github ID you can msg me that and I will add you to the repo.

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can just zip it up and DM me, if it's the lightweight test project from your video. Delete the "Library" folder before zipping, it makes it much smaller.