Search Unity

Cinemachine change camera position based on player's position

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by FurySven, Jan 12, 2019.

1. FurySven

FurySven

Hi there, I have a question about using cinemachine blend. For example:
    upload_2019-1-12_12-3-19.png
    I had two cinemachine cameras: CM1 and CM2. If I had a player moving from position A to position B, cinemachine camera can switch CM1 to CM2 smoothly by using blend. What if the player moved to position C and stopped, it that possible for camera moving to somewhere between CM1 and CM2, like position P, and stopped as well?
    * Further question, if the player from A to C then stopped and started move backed to A. Is there any way to move the camera from CM1 to P then move back to CM1? (I explain my question in another way: can cinemachine camera changing position according to player's position when switching camera?)

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It's not possible to interrupt Cinemachine when it's blending due to a camera activation, unless you set the game's timescale to 0.

However, you might be able to get what you're looking for with the CinemachineMixingCamera. This is a manager camera that delivers a continuous blend of its vcam children, according to the weights that you control. If you map the weights to player position, then you will get what you want. Have a look at the BlendListCamera sample scene in CinemachineExamples.