Search Unity

Cinemachine Bug with PostProcessing Extension

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Vallar, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Vallar

Vallar

Hey,

I am currently using the latest Unity version 2019.1.0f2 with Cinemachine 2.3.3 we have a couple of camera objects (Cinemachine ones -- both are virtual cameras) that we'd like to add Post Processing to.

They are both inside a prefab, I navigate to the cameras, choose "Add Extension" and then choose the PostProcessing option. I save my changes to the prefab and add the profile I want. I save again. I exit prefab mode then open the prefab again. All the PostProcessing extensions are automatically removed and replaced with "Missing Script" error.

I removed Cinemachine from the project (from PackMan) and installed it again. Same issue. We tried on different devices so far and it is the same result on this project. Any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

3. Vallar

Vallar

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Vallar likes this.
  5. wannax

wannax

6. Coltrain

Coltrain

This bug essentially wrecks completely the entire workflow for my project's cut-scenes after the laborious process of upgrading to 2019. Is there any way to assign the post processing extension via scripting to avoid the risk of hundreds of virtual cameras becoming detached at any moment? Or any safe practices to avoid the bug? This is a complete disaster.

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The bug relates to conditionally compiled scripts. Until the bug is fixed, you can work around it by removing the conditional compilation from the scripts involved. In CM, you can do this by embedding CM into your project, and modifying the PostProcessing extension script to remove the global #if statement that surrounds the code.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  8. Coltrain

Coltrain

Thank you! That's a real life saver for me.

Gregoryl likes this.