Search Unity

Cinemachine Brain No Live Camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Korindian, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Korindian

Korindian

Hi, I've added Cinemachine to an empty project and played around with the examples.

I then tried adding it to an existing project, but am not able to get the Cinemachine Brain to detect any virtual cams. It just says "None". If I solo the single vcam in the scene, then Cinemachine Brain picks it up, but if I disable solo, it goes back to None.

I've tried deleting all Cinemachine components, adding them in different order via the component menu or via the Cinemachine top menu, disable/enable components and GameObjects but no matter what I try, the Cinemachine Brain doesn't detect the virtual camera unless I hit solo.

If I open a new scene and add a virtual cam, then the components get added with the Brain finding the virtual camera. But this is not happening in the existing scene I have.

What could be causing this?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Very probably it's layers.
    The brain will only see the vcams that are on layers that the attached Camera can see.
    (This is to support things like split-screen)

3. Korindian

Korindian

Oh man, sure enough, the main camera (Brain) needed to have the layer of the virtual camera activated (checked) in the culling mask.

I read through the manual fully and didn't catch that part about layers in the "Setting Cinemachine Brain properties" page. Thanks for the quick response.