Search Unity

Question Cinemachine Blend Update Method movement jitter issue

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by pabloware, Mar 16, 2022.

1. pabloware

pabloware

Hey,

When using Fixed Update as my Blend Update Method in my CinemachineBrain I get movement jitter, but it smooths out my animation rigging. If I use Late Update my movement is smooth, but my rig, specifically, my Multi-Aim Constraints that use a source object attached to my main camera jitter.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to have jitter-less movement and animation rigging at the same time for this specific instance?

Any help would be appreciated,

Paul.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You need to ensure that your objects are animated smoothly. You are likely encountering aliasing issues between the render clock (variable timestep) and the physics clock (fixed timestep). It's a common problem. The solution is to animate everything on the same clock (preferably the render clock, with careful handling of Time.deltaTime). If you do that, you can put CMBrain in LateUpdate and get the best results.

If you have some RigidBodies that are animating on FixedUpdate, enable Interpolation for them and their transforms will be interpolated between fixed frames to account for the current render time, and everything will be smooth.

renem and pabloware like this.