Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Cinemachine Blend not working in Build

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by George_Lucas, Apr 11, 2023.

1. George_Lucas

George_Lucas

Hello all !
    I'm on Unity 2022.2.12f1 with Cinemachine 2.9.5.
    I have a simple camera setup with two virtual cameras : one who follow the player for a first person view and a dialogue camera with an orbital transposer to lock on a NPC when engaging dialogue.
    I have a small C# script to switch between the two where I setup a Blend as EaseInOut with a custom time.
    In play, all is working really well, I can adjust the time and the blend is smooth as expected.
    But in build, it's like the switch is instant, no blend, no delay, no smooth transition, a few ugly frames where the new camera is not correctly setup yet and boom... What do you think is happening ?
    Thank you for your time !

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

We've never seen something like that. Can you repro this in a simple project?

3. Unifikation

Unifikation

I have. I've had to build little initialisation managers that go through and "activate" everything in a quite specific order, and lags a few frames so things get bedded in and cached/pre-played (especially audio files and complex particle systems). This solves a lot of these kinds of gremlins, and gives culling a chance to do its thing, animations a chance to rest, physics a chance to settle, mipmaps to resolve, post processing to process, LOD and DOF time to calculate their spaces and places, regions to figure out what's in them, and a bunch of other things that nobody ever seems to discuss needing a few frames to sort themselves out.