Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cinemachine] Array index is out of range?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Glowing_Slab, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Glowing_Slab

Glowing_Slab

I occasionally pick up lots of errors from the Cinemachine FreeLook cameras I'm using. Am I missing something obvious?

Error is:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook.UpdateCachedSpline () (at /Users/me/Library/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.7/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineFreeLook.cs:634)
    Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook.GetLocalPositionForCameraFromInput (Single t)

... which makes me wonder if it's something to do with the vcam initial position?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I've never seen those. If you can manage to repro consistently, please file a bug report with full repro steps and we'll get right on it.

3. SideEffectsDave

SideEffectsDave

We get the same error (seemingly at random and only within the editor). We can reproduce it (more or less consistently) when we build the project or publish/update the scene containing the Cinemachine Brain using Unity Collaborate. It first appeared when someone copied a Freelook Camera in the scene containing the Cinemachine Brain and published the changes using Unity Collaborate. After that the Freelook Cameras started exposing their Rigs in the hierarchy when activated/deactivated.

To fix it we open a scene not containing a cinemachine brain then reimport the scene containing the Cinemachine Brain and the error is gone (at least for a while :D).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  4. Glowing_Slab

Glowing_Slab

Interesting! I also use Collaborate, and would certainly have copied a Freelook camera too. I use three Freelook cameras and two brains in the scene. I found the issue difficult to reproduce, but it only occurs in the editor. I have also seen some of the Freelook cameras exposing at least part of their rigs on occasion.

5. JonneSir

JonneSir

I had this same problem. I restarted the scene and it seems to have dissapeared.

6. Glowing_Slab

Glowing_Slab

Sometimes it takes a while to reappear, restarting has not solved the issue for me.