Search Unity

Cinemachine and FBX exporter stopped working

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by nikrogers, Mar 19, 2019.

1. nikrogers

nikrogers

I am hoping that someone out there can tell me whats going on as I cannot find any documentation , of course Im used to this ,but its always surprising how software suddenly does this . After learning for 3 weeks unity has changed considerably and it may be due to compiler errors I dont know what these messages mean ,but cinemachine has stopped working and fbx exporter also ,Cinemachine is in the project but not at the top where it can be used , no cameras are available , fbx exporter now exports only unity package files as the option to export fbx is no longer there ,this means that I have to seriously think about using some other software and Ive wasted a lot of time .Im trying to use it for simple cinematic renders which I dont think it is meant to do but it is more than capable ,so why are these plugins suddenly not working .If you can say anything please do I need any help I can get . thanks

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Software doesn't usually stop working all of a sudden by itself.
    What change did you make?

3. Sun-Dog

Sun-Dog

If you have compiler errors, some software addons won’t be available until they are fixed. I can’t say how cinemachine or the fbx exporter work, as they are part of the package manager, but other 3rd party packages can be disabled or non-functional when there are compiler error.

Can you fix, temporarily remove or disable the code causing the errors?

(At one point a folder called "webplayertemplates" could be created and all code files placed inside would be exempt from compiling, which could be used as a way to temporarily quarantine bad code. I have not tried this recently, and this workaround may not work in 2018.x.)