Search Unity

Question cinemachine 2d setup

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by VP_no1, Dec 2, 2021.

1. VP_no1

VP_no1

Hi.

I would like to achieve with C2d ortographic the following:

1. be able to fix the camera while i am hitting a collider (so that i will not see empty screen)
    2. have some special points to zoom in and out when triggered
    (i am in a platformer)

for 1
    I solved it with Cinemachine Confiner 2D

I would like though to have my Confiner polygon moving on X axis once the player is around 25% from the margin of the confiner in right. I tried with a distance joint connected to the player but it moves immediately. How can I have the confiner moving only when player reach a zone without coding ? For example when reaching the X margin of death zone, the confiner to move in that direction ?
    (maybe a feature for future :) ?)

i have a long map and if i cannot do this then i would need to make a very very long confiner :)

for 2
    I need to have different cameras or I just need to have some trigger spots and when my follow GO (or there might be 4 as I said on 1) to manipulate the lens ortho size of my only camera ?

thank you in advance for any idea

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

1. What's wrong with a very long confiner? Just use that.
    2. Create a trigger collider and add a CinemcahineTriggerAction script to it. When the player enters the zone, activate a new vcam with the desired ortho size. Cinemachine will blend to it. When the player leaves the, deactivate it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    VP_no1 likes this.
  3. VP_no1

VP_no1

1. I allready did and i think that it wont have problems as is just a simple collider

2, thank you, will do that and come back with good or bad results :)
    have a nice day