Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Cinemachine 2.6 DOF differs from the 2.5 version

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Neohun, Jun 30, 2020 at 8:42 PM.

1. Neohun

Neohun

Hi, today I have upgraded the cinemachine from 2.5 to 2.6 for new input system support and I notice that there's a track offset difference or something like that between the versions here's two screen-shot from the same frame so you can understand what I mean since I have more than 250 vcams for my cinematics I didn't want to re-adjust every camera so I have reloaded my backup and wanted to inform you about it..

ss_cinemachine_2.5.PNG
    cinemachine 2.5

ss_cinemachine_2.6.PNG
    cinemachine 2.6

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

There should be no difference. Do you get that only when scrubbing in Timeline, or do you get that in Play mode also?

3. Neohun

Neohun

I use DOF only for cinematics so I didn't check for normal gameplay but now I have created a repro project and checked for gameplay this way everything looks fine I didn't notice any difference.. Edit: I guess I misunderstood you.. so you say do you take this results when you play the cutscenes in player yeah I have the same results..

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 10:12 PM
  4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

If you press Play in Timeline (without entering Play Mode overall) do you get the problem, or is it only when scrubbing?

5. Neohun

Neohun

yeah I have the problem in both editor and the gameplay..

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Not entirely sure I understand your answer.

1. Are you saying that when you press Play in timeline (remaining in Edit mode in Unity), the DOF is off? Or is it only off when you drag the timeline current frame around?

2. If you enter Play mode in Unity, and trigger your timeline, is the DOF off?

7. Neohun

Neohun

no I misunderstood you in the first place I understand that you say do you take the results only with timeline or with normal use either..
    So I use DOF for cinematics and I have this DOF difference in both in play mode and in timeline preview mode..
    I'm sorry I was tired and read wrongly first..

is it clear now?

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, it's clearer. Thanks for letting us know about this. We will try to reproduce... but... you say this:
    So you can't reproduce in another project?

9. Neohun

Neohun

Now I can.. when I have tried to reproduce I didn't use aim composer but my project cameras have it so I used aim composers and voila! here's the results:

ss_2.5.PNG
    Version 2.5

ss_2.6.PNG
    version 2.6​

10. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you send me a small project that reproduces this problem?

11. Neohun

Neohun

Yes of course but you want it via mail?

12. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

13. Neohun

Neohun

I have sent the repro project and a step by step how-to reproduce explanation.. I'll be following the updates on the issue..

unityunity