Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cinemachine 101 -- How To Solo A Camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by DavidLieder, May 17, 2018.

1. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

Every time I use Cinemachine, I can't seem to get the solo button to work. If I press solo on a virtual camera, that should force it to appear in game mode or a mini-view-screen or something, right? Or is this just user error?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Solo will make the vcam the current active one. The Camera will be force-driven by that vcam. This will override the priority system, and the Timeline. It won't put you in Play mode, or create a preview window. It answers the question: What would my game look like if this were the active vcam right now?

Daemonhahn and DavidLieder like this.