Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Cinema4D R12 and Unity: any experiances yet?

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by helmers, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Horganovski

Horganovski

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know I've finished a review of CD FBX that you can find over on the C4DCafe, the review is mainly video-based and I demonstrate bringing character animation into Unity and Maya from Cinema in the videos. You might find it interesting, you'll find it here.

Cheers,
    Brian

2. evilwind

evilwind

id like to say that everything ive made so far in cinema4d has worked out great within unity. using cinema4d r12 and all i do is save the c4d file into my project folder. even did a rig inside c4d ONLY and saved as c4d file, that worked out great too, also did some animations within c4d and it worked also ^^

3. dadako

dadako

did you try any smoothing groups or normals?

4. evilwind

evilwind

yeah when u say it i actually had one problem with i think you mean is hyperNURBS? and that is the model comes in with and withouth it applied. kinda annoying but not too much of a hassle ^^

5. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

Smoothing groups so far don't translate over natively.
    If you have a static mesh you need smooth groups with use the Collada exporter. That one does the trick.
    I think Collada has animation problems, though. So ... that's still a downside.

And I'm also on the list of people who don't get the Importer to run under Windows. Unity still only opens Cinema R11 instead of R12 - and I canot find any way to make it search for the exe again.

Other than that I didn't run into any problems that could not be solved somehow, though :)