Search Unity

Bug CI (Jenkins via Windows Node) Build stuck at uploading symbols

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by tom_e_roberts, Jun 28, 2022.

1. tom_e_roberts

tom_e_roberts

Hi,

We are trying to evaluate using Unity Cloud Diagnostics to help our development of a Quest 2 application, but our CI system which runs a batchmode build of Unity (Android, IL2CPP, 2021.3.4f1) seems to be unable to upload symbols.

We provide the command line the user and password for a valid unity license (as well as -serial) and it still seems to be getting stuck on this part. It specifically does not progress beyond this stage of the build process in the logs:
    Code (csharp):
    2. 17:27:18 Android PostProcess task "Calling IPostGenerateGradleAndroidProject callbacks" took 153.963 ms
    3. 17:27:18 DisplayProgressbar: Performance Reporting Symbol Upload
    5. 17:27:19 [Licensing::Module] Successfully cleared the access token
    6. 17:27:19 [UnityConnectServicesConfig] config is NOT valid, switching to default
    8. 17:27:21 [Licensing::Module] Successfully updated access token: "********"... (expires: 2022-06-28 18:27:38 GMT)
    9. 17:27:21 User **** logged in successfully
    Any help, pointers or anything would be great, getting to the point where I'm running out of options. (tried searching the forums to no luck, symbols are about 160MB at most, internet connection is fast)

FutureVisual likes this.
  2. tom_e_roberts

tom_e_roberts

Looking into this more, I've found the command line works when I manually do it, but when using Jenkins to do it, it doesn't get past the above log (went on for 12+ hours). Could be a permissions issue maybe? The firewalls on the build machines are off though so it shouldn't be blocking anything.

FutureVisual likes this.
  3. tom_e_roberts

tom_e_roberts

It's suddenly working now, when I did a manual command line (with a different account in our Unity org), which worked. Switched the account Jenkins was using, which worked and then went back to the original account which worked! Not sure what is happening, feels like a cache thing maybe? or an authentication thing. My account is an Owner on the org, but the jenkins account was just a Manager, maybe that was why?

Hoping someone with better knowledge of the internals of uploading symbols might be able to give answers

4. tom_e_roberts

tom_e_roberts

Problem has returned when deleting the library folder. Our CI system needs to be able to handle this scenario, so if anyone know anything that is cached in the Library folder to do with symbol uploads, that could be the issue?

5. tom_e_roberts

tom_e_roberts

Can anyone from unity help with this?

6. Carl_UnityDSE

Carl_UnityDSE

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    In order to fully assist you with this issue please, create a Unity Cloud Build Support ticket.
    In the ticket, please submit all of the relevant information and the link to this current Forum Thread.
    Once we have all of the information, we will forward this case to our developers.
    When the developer proposes a solution, we will inform you as well as post it on this Forum Thread.

7. tom_e_roberts

tom_e_roberts

We aren't using Cloud Build, we're using our own build system locally in our office. Should I still make a ticket to the Cloud Build Support?

8. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the confusion, I thought that this was a Cloud Build-related issue.

Looking at the issue, I'd suggest still submitting a support ticket, so that our dev team can look into the issue closer. Thanks and sorry for a bit of the delay!

9. pistoleta

pistoleta

Our android builds stay more than 15 minutes in the 'Cloud diagnostics symbol upload' dialog.
    Not sure if it has some relation to this, if its a bug, or if this is normal, but it's very annoying.