Search Unity

Chunk Texturing Problem

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Kryber, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Kryber

Kryber

Hi. Im doing with unity a simple pseudorandom terrain generator with chunk. Texturing script of the chunks is done but i don't like texture connections between chunk and chunk... Could be the problem attribuited to the normales of the mesh? An image :
    $Unity.png

Thanks in advance :D

2. AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

Try some different texture import settings. That looks like a familiar problem often solved at that level. If none of the changes you can make there disappear that seam, then you've narrowed it down to probable floating point imprecision during some aspect of mesh generation.

Wait, is this a Unity Terrain? There are several additional steps to ensure seamless terrain joining, including neighbor assignment and flushing. See here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Terrain.html

Let us know how this works out, best of luck,

3. Kryber

Kryber

First of all .. Thanks for your reply :)

I tryied all combination of texture import settings but i didn't fix that. The script generate some chunks. Foreach chunks, an other script build the mesh, and based on height, the script build the texture to applicate at the mesh (sorry for bad english). Could be the problem attribuited to the mesh build script?

Thanks.

4. Kryber

Kryber