Search Unity

Chronos – Time Control – Unity Awards Winner

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LazloBonin, Apr 9, 2015.

1. jingray

jingray

How to fix Error:
    "Assets/Chronos/Source/Dependencies/Reflection/Editor/UnityMemberDrawer.cs(410,39): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `System.MissingExtensions.HasFlag(this System.Enum, System.Enum)' and `Chronos.Reflection.Internal.Extensions.HasFlag(this System.Enum, System.Enum)'".

2. PicturesInDark

PicturesInDark

Hi Everybody

I present you my videogame website http://www.andromedavideogame.com/

I use Chronos Time control in all project. i will last some more months more to finnish. f4.png f20.png f41.png f52.png Thanks for you feedback

nasos_333 and LazloBonin like this.
  3. PicturesInDark

PicturesInDark

In the first video you can see chronos at 2:11

4. daniozi117

daniozi117

Hi! I want to forward the game object which I have rewinded.
    Can you tell me how it is possible?
    clock.localTimeScale = 2; is just increase the speed and frame rate time.

5. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

Hi Daniozi,
    Unfortunately, as stated many times on the forum and our website, Chronos is not a replay plugin. It only manipulates time continuously.

Therefore, it cannot:
    • Scrub to a specific point in previous recorded data
    • Replay rewind data in a forward direction
    • Export or import rewind data to file

Stexe likes this.
  6. Stexe

Stexe

Yep. When I first bought it that wasn't clearly outlined. Still wish you made that as a new plugin (and gave discounts to Chronos owners). Lots of us out there are looking for something like that! =)

7. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Hi there!
    Does Chronos work with DOTween Free/Pro animated objects?
    I would want to make a simple platform that follows a 3D path made with DOTween Pro and be affected by Chronos time control.
    Is it possible?

8. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

Hi AtomicJoe! Sure, just follow the instructions here:
    https://ludiq.io/chronos/manual/third-party-plugins/tweening

9. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Thanks but I don't understand were this line of code should be:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. tween.OnUpdate(()=> tween.timeScale = timeline.timeScale);
    Is it a one time thing? Should I modify DOTWeen source and put it somewhere?
    There is not much info on that page :(
    I want to use the DOTWeen Pro 3D paths with Chronos.

10. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

This is what you add after you created a tween object (in this example, it's called tween).

So for example:

transform.DOMoveX(2, 1).OnUpdate(()=> tween.timeScale = timeline.timeScale);

11. Rumbleboxer

Rumbleboxer

hey there, does chronos work with unity 2019?

Stexe likes this.
  12. hopeful

hopeful

The links on the front page and in the asset store aren't working for me, but I found the current Chronos info and documentation page here: https://ludiq.io/chronos

13. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

Hi Rumbleboxer,
    We haven't specifically tested Chronos with Unity 2019 yet, but let us know if you encounter any issue with obsolete APIs or anything similar. In theory, the asset should remain compatible.

Thanks for the heads up, I fixed the links on the store page, should be up after review from the asset store.

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi, I use assembly definition files for everything, no exceptions. However, Chronos doesn't make life easy for me: there is a total of 5 editor folders. Could you please merge them all into one so I only have to add one editor asmdef?

15. julianr

julianr

Any plans to update this to 2019.x?

Stexe likes this.
  16. Stexe

Stexe

Probably not since it has been made free. Most likely they are dropping future support. Shame too since I bought it and supported them from the start and then all their products haven't been updated when I actually want to use them. Was hoping there was a "replay" / "tutorial" asset coming from them too (which they talked about since Chronos couldn't be used for that due to lack of determination in physics or something). From that being dropped to Unity buying Bolt and then killing Bolt 2... not getting a lot of breaks with assets lately. =/

hopeful likes this.
  17. julianr

julianr

same! Had plans to use it later.. upgraded to 2019.x because of terrain holes, and other reasons.. I'd be happy to contribute some $$ if the developer would bring it up to date to work with 2019/2020. Man.. bought loads of now depreciated assets.. with some now free after Unity buyouts. Still, as long as they are supported and maintained by Unity/owners who now work for Unity I'm all for it. If sales died out and supporting it is a non runner, release a new version paid.. and I'll buy it.

18. julianr

julianr

Having said that .. if the dev doesn't plan on updating it I've found an alternative which looks pretty good in tracking objects, so in effect you could use it for a Fortnite style replay mode, by attaching a camera to the tracked object.

19. Stexe

Stexe

Which is that? We tried to use Chronos for recording the location of objects to play back for a tutorial and replay system, but we ran into issues with lack of deterministic physics. Tried to get it solved but the dev said he was working on something specifically for replays and tutorials using deterministic stuff, but it never materialized. Guess he instead moved onto Bolt. Which would have been great had Bolt 2 been finished... but oh well.

I only bought this for replay and it couldn't do that. I then only bought Bolt 1 because I saw the features of Bolt 2 and was promised that for buying Bolt 1... got neither and just left sour. Same thing happened with SOOOO many Unity assets I've bought over the years (TextMeshPro for example). =/

20. _eternal

_eternal

Does anyone know what features are working (or not working) in Unity 2020 or 2021?

I'm only using Chronos for a specific cutscene where I need selective slow-mo, and it's working for me on 2020. But I was planning to upgrade to 2021 LTS at some point. Looks like support is dead, but if anyone has tried this with 2021, please let us know if it's working (or if there are alternatives to selectively slow down individual game objects).

21. kenzen0

kenzen0

I get an error when using it with the particle system.
    Does anyone know what I should do?
    I get this error, but it seems to work fine.
    Setting the random seed while system is still playing is not supported. Please wait until the system has stopped and all particles have expired or call Stop with ParticleSystemStopBehavior.StopEmittingAndClear to completely stop the system.
    UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

22. anomanstudio

anomanstudio

Hi tnaseem,

Is this issue already resolved? I know it's been a while but I really appreciate it if you tell me. Thanks!