Search Unity

Games Chrono project

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by WARdd, Dec 13, 2017.

1. WARdd

WARdd

Hello Unity community!

I'd like to introduce you to a game I've been building in Unity, I haven't decided on a name just yet, but it is a side scrolling action-platformer, whith a central time-rewinding mechanic, sort of like the one in Braid, only more powerful and with less wonky exceptions attached.

In the game, the time rewinding serves a big point in the plot, which is that your character is looking into the future, trying to find a set of actions that will solve some dire problems his master his facing. Using this ability, you can try different strategies and retry difficult challanges, almost as if you're playing a video game...

I'm posting updates about this game and some other stuff on my personal website, you can check it out if you want to see more:
    www.WARddDev.com .
    But I'll post a few screenshots, for your browsing pleasure:

Also an important note! The scripting for the time rewinding is modular, and fairly easy and intuitive to use, that's why I might seperate it, and sell it on the asset store for your projects. Yes I know some similar assets like Chronos already exist, but you can see mine as a cheaper, more streamlined and efficient, lite version. If used properly, the rewinding should be able to work on a complete playtrough of a game, saving hundreds of hours of gameplay per gigabyte of memory.

I just need to know if there is a demand for such an asset, before I polish up the code and submit it, so leave a comment if you want it!