Search Unity

Chome loses focus on textboxes

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by DonLoquacious, Dec 8, 2016.

1. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

When using Chrome and interacting with the Unity forums, moving the cursor off of a text box will cause it to lose focus. Using Firefox instead appears to work properly, as does disabling the RichText Editor while using Chrome, so the problem is specific to Chrome in combination with the RichText Editor. 90% of the time, it's not a huge problem, but it can be extremely frustrating when trying to highlight sections of text/code and constantly having to re-click on the textbox to give it focus again.

I've tried updating Chrome (frankly, downgrading seems like it might be more effective, but baby steps here), turning Hardware Acceleration On/Off, disabling all of my extensions, and disabling the Chrome theme I'm using. This is definitely not caused by my mouse, though it may be caused by some Windows 10 option that bleeds through to Chrome but is overridden in Firefox.

Note that I do not necessarily think that this is a problem with the Unity messageboard itself, more likely just a bad interaction with the current generation of Chrome versions, but this is the only place I can reproduce the problem (other forums and social media sites appear to be operating normally), so it's the best place to try and get assistance with it.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.

2. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

3. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

I thought I was going crazy, same problem here. Tested and occurring on firefox.