Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese characters missing, but only in text mesh pro

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by URocks, Jun 9, 2021.

1. URocks

URocks

Hi I have a problem, I create dynamic chinese font with text mesh pro but it is missing some character. The problem is when I am using the same font with old unity text component all characters are visible?

Do you know where is the problem. (Also when I try to generate static atlas and I use the same chinese sentense, it is showing me there are missing characters in font, but in text component they are visible)

Can you please help me
    Capture.JPG

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

This is simply because these characters are missing from this font file.

The reason, they appear when using the legacy text component is because it ends up using some other fallback font file without your knowledge. This leads users to believe those characters are present in the font file when in reality they are not.

I would suggest using a font file that contains all the characters you need or assigning some dynamic font asset as fallback to this primary that does contain those missing characters.

romifauzi-auki likes this.
  3. URocks

URocks

Thank you thats what i did, I paste the chinese sentence into google fonts and picked the one who has all the characters in the font.

4. TLummen

TLummen

I know it's an old post but I'm having this issue and unable to get a complete Chinese set. Can you provide the name of the font you used?

5. URocks

URocks

It was the font problem I did not have the fullest of character there