Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Chickens Shader Bundle

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Chickenlord, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Chickenlord

Chickenlord

Here's another preview. Again, the floor using a new shader and planar reflections. The head model uses a tranparent-refracted variation.

2. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

awesome!!!!

3. 3DforMe

3DforMe

Fantastic!

4. Chickenlord

Chickenlord

Hey,

just submitted Update 1.6. It contains the shaders shown above in opaque, transparent and cutout versions. There are also versions supporting refraction and planar reflection (both require Unity Pro).

Here's two additional screenhots.

Attached Files:

5. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

thanks for adding this type of effect!!

6. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Hi, very nice package indeed.

Wondering if this shader package works on IOS/Android/Webplayer ? If yes, what's the performance like ?

Thanks.

7. PolyMad

PolyMad

Hi Chicken, I'm interested in these shaders, but I have Unity Pro 3.5.
    Do they work on this version?

8. kenshin

kenshin

Thanks for this update!
    ...you make me an happy customer :)

9. sc3

sc3

Hi Chickenlord

Can you please help with an issue I am having... my outline glow effect seems to be flipped upside down. I remember encountering this in an older project which is now working, and can't remember how I fixed it (or if it just fixed itself).

I made a simple cube with glow in one project scene which wasn't working (see below). In a different project however, if I do the exact same thing it works fine.

$flip.png

If you could help me out that would be great.

10. PolyMad

PolyMad

Try to change rendering system.
    I also encountered similar stuff when using high resolution shadows or crossing camera filters that (look) incompatible.

11. sc3

sc3

Ahhh thank you for the tip, it made me look at the quality settings.

If I turn off anti-aliasing in the quality settings, it works perfectly. So it seems to be anti-aliasing which is causing the problem.

Thanks!

12. PolyMad

PolyMad

Ye also that is influencing the camera effects... wonder how they could come up with something like that...

All in all Unity antialias is terrible to use. I also have the FXAA filter and it doesn't work. It works in the editor game window, but in the build it's disabled. Bah.

13. m4ko

m4ko

I got the same error with the upside down outline. For me the anti-aliasing setting has had no effect. I tried all the settings in the project quality settings to no avail. Also tried forcing AA off in Nvidia control panel.

14. m4ko

m4ko

Interestingly using a Deferred Lighting as render path for my second camera corrects this issue. However I am using this 2nd camera on top of another background camera. The background camera can't be seen anymore because of the Deferred Lighting mode.

15. Hotsun

Hotsun

Hi,
    I am getting problem with image effects.
    When I click on the script the shaders are not attached to it,after I attach them nothing will happen,can you tell me how I can do this.
    I am using Unity 4.0 and with deferred rendering and both DX9 and DX11.

16. ironbelly

ironbelly

Getting a bunch of error messages like these and wondering if they are something that is being fixed or that needs to be worried about

Assets/Chickens Shader Bundle/Shaders/CSB_SHLightHelper.cs(120,95): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets/Chickens Shader Bundle/Shaders/CSB_SHLightHelper.cs(120,95): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'
    (Filename: Assets/Chickens Shader Bundle/Shaders/CSB_SHLightHelper.cs Line: 120)

17. MadToLove

MadToLove

Ok so question, is there a way to do a relief mapping, cutout shader?

Basically I'm using decals to add detail to my level, for example: I have a wall with wallpaper, i have a decal material im going to place on that wall of some wood beams with alpha channels for transparency/cutout so it looks like the wall paper is peeled away revealing the wood beams beneath. The relief mapping would help give the wood beams the depth look to them so it looks like its recessed into the wall a bit, and the cutout ability would allow me to use my alpha mapped wood beam texture.

I tried using the some of the relief/clipped shaders but thats not doing what i need, its not using the alpha channel from my texture to allow it to look the way its supposed to.

Is there a shader already in this package that maybe i have over looked? does anything i said make any sense? Aahah trying to describe it the best way i can.

The most simple way i can describe it is : is there a shader in here that does relief AND cutout ? As thats what im looking for.

EDIT: Basically the ability to do THIS http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Components/shader-TransCutSpecular.html in combination with relief abilities for that amazing depth it gives.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  18. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

SSS look awesome.

19. baloniman

baloniman

Anyone having an issue getting the s5 shader working in Unity 4.0 ? I've tried to get it to work using deferred lighting and all i'm getting is a gray render of my object anyone else having similar issues ?

20. Bradamante

Bradamante

Is there any way to test how your Cook-Torrance shader would look with my assets?

21. Dan Fury

Dan Fury

Hi, just bought the chicken shader package, great stuff in there.
    Is there any way to use the outline shader on mobile?

22. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Prebuy question:

I'm mainly working with Mobile devices.
    How many of the shaders in this package are optimized for Mobile ?

23. Arkade

Arkade

In case it helps...
    I vaguely recall something about one of the post-processing classes (perhaps RenderTexture?) having the y-axis the opposite way up to others... possibly only on certain platforms/configurations. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Could this be cause of the mirrored glow?

24. lukidog

lukidog

I dont see anyone else having this problem, because its not mentioned anywhere. However, everytime I try to import this package it takes forever to import. Im not even sure how long because I have not let it go more than a half hour before I close unity. Any thoughts on what this could be?

25. snoche

snoche

I am trying to get it again from asset store in Unity 4.2 and I have the same problem, I let the computer runing over night and it didn;t work it crash unity.

Please, could you fix the shaders to works with 4.2 and asset store?

Thanks

26. topofsteel

topofsteel

Including in the editor when not in ISO. When I turn the layer off that contain the game objects that are using the shaders, I don't have the problem. I'm using DX11, but I guess I don't need to be. I'm going to start removing them one at a time, but it's a shame because they look great. Has anyone else had this problem? In the attached image the camera is facing a brick wall. Thanks.

$Image25.png

27. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

Subject: License information from Unity Technologies

This is an invoice for the items you have bought from the Unity Asset Store.

Unity should have begun downloading the assets automatically, but you will also be able to
    initiate a download from within the Asset Store package manager.

With kind regards,
    Unity Technologies.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Order Invoice
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 201-----
    Invoice no: 2005----
    VAT registration (CVR nr.): 30719913
    Unity Technologies A/S
    Livjaegergade 17, Baghuset, 1. sal
    DK-2100 Copenhagen
    Denmark

Product name: Animated Shaders - Kit 1 1.0
    Number of licenses: 1
    Unit price: 15.00 USD

Product name: Chickens Shader Bundle 1.42
    Unit price: 15.00 USD

Product name: Dynamic Elements Effect Pack 1.2
    Unit price: 40.00 USD

Total: 70.00 USD

Last 4 numbers are missing. Can you please contact me about your asset being re-sold in the Lonath On-line project.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/174227-Lonath-Online-finished-MMORPG-game-for-sale

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  28. arenshi

arenshi

Hi all!

I have a problem with "Skinshader 1.3_sspec_cutout". Alphatest does not work with Deferred rendering and shadows. Look at pictures please. Gray instead of transparency.

How can I fix this?

Sorry for my bad English.
    Ilya.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  29. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

30. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

edit: you are awesome, thanks for adding this!

Bump... Any chance of this? Your shaders are fantastic, especially the detail shaders. Even one detail shader with vert support would be amazing. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  31. jforder

jforder

Hello,

Some really great shaders but I need some help achieving a specific effect though. What I'm trying to achieve is an outline where the shadow edges are on a model.

Something like this (below). I've been playing around with your Ramp lighting Outline shader and it behaves how I want it when I adjust the lighting in the scene but I need it to just be the outline of the shadows instead of it being fully coloured in white or black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

$stencil_shader_with_lightinfo.jpg

32. jforder

jforder

Hey,

Just wondering if you had a chance to think about my question above? Any help would be great!

33. sordidlist

sordidlist

Maybe noobish of me but I can't find a workaround: I'm using the outline glow renderer in a project, and I'm using another script to determine if a unit has been clicked on, which then turns the glow on and off... or at least it's supposed to. I don't use C# in my own scripts, so I'm unfamiliar with its nuances, but using GetComponent(OutlineGlowRenderer) tells me that OutlineGlowRenderer is an unknown identifier. I see in the glow renderer script that the OutlineGlowRenderer class is declared and public, but Unity still gives me this message. What am I doing wrong?

34. Kondor0

Kondor0

Any chance you add self-illumin shaders to the pack?

Or can you point me to a workaround?

Thanks.

35. okumasama

okumasama

Hi! Thanks for awesome shaders.
    There's a lot of "obsolete" warnings in C# script with latest Unity version and it often bothers me to coding.
    Do you have a plan to fix this?

Thanks.

Ony likes this.
  36. ndoxx

ndoxx

Hi CHicken,

Pre-buy question : does your shader support IBL Diffuse + specular?

37. damdai

damdai

Doesn't look like this is supported anymore, but does anyone know if it's possible to get transparency with the outline glow effect?

38. Vecna

Vecna

I would also like to know if this is mobile friendly.

39. jason-fisher

jason-fisher

Is it possible to create DX9-compatible triplanar versions of the self-shadowing shaders for procedural terrain usage?

40. kbalasubramanian

kbalasubramanian

Is the bundle supported on Unity 5. Please let me know.

Thanks

41. ironbelly

ironbelly

"Version: 1.64 (Mar 10, 2014)" - This should be enough to answer your question

kbalasubramanian and kenshin like this.
  42. catjack

catjack

Hello there,
    Great product!
    One issue please, or you guys maybe you can help me with it: I am using the reflection (Opaque Planar Relection), everiting ok with it, but when I load/enter a new scene ( I have a FPS game), I can't see anymore the reflections on the "floor".
    Not sure if someone will reply me, but I will give a try, I am desparate to make it work.
    Thank you

43. NathanNZ

NathanNZ

Hey,
    Is there a tutorial or any kind of instructions for how to set up the Screen Space Ambient occlusion? I couldn't find any documentation for the shader pack.