Search Unity

Checkout stalling once log gets close to 10,000 lines?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by PlanetTimmy, Sep 22, 2014.

1. PlanetTimmy

PlanetTimmy

I've been trying to get UCB to build our project from an SVN repository - the project has a little over 15,000 files.

Whenever I try a build, it seems to stall once the log gets close to 10,000 entries. So far it's got as far as
    9986, 9990 and 9992 lines in the log, at which point nothing new appears on the log at all. The first two times I cancelled the build; this time I'm just going to leave it going and see if it wakes up before the whole thing times out. Are there any limits to the length of the log, or number of files in the project?

Cheers,

Tim

2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @PlanetTimmy - no, there isn't a file # or log line # limit that would affect your project. You're probably just seeing a lag in the log data while your job is processing. That doesn't mean your build is stalled, it just means the log data is coming in slowly (for any other number of reasons).

The first build will take a while, but subsequent builds will be faster. I'd leave it alone while it builds and wait for the email notification telling you whether it failed or completed. Thanks - Let us know how it goes!

3. PlanetTimmy

PlanetTimmy

Update: UCB decided there was a problem with the build and restarted it. I suspect the same thing will happen again. One of the problems is that it has to start checking out the workspace from the start all over again each time, as SVN seems incapable of resuming a checkout.

4. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies