Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Checking VFX Graph time and state.

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by dannyalgorithmic, Dec 5, 2019.

1. dannyalgorithmic

dannyalgorithmic

How am I able to check the play time of a graph?

I want to use VFX Graph for dynamic battle effects much like pokemon have their ability effects (Quick Attack, Hydro-pump, Rain-dance, Earthquake, etc) but I've no clue as to how I'd dynamically set the maximum time allowed for a particular effect, let alone how to query the VFX component to check of the particular VFX asset has reach this "maximum time" or "finished state".

Example being a VFX component holding a VFX asset with a flip-book for a shield popping up and a small spark and sheen effect. After these I'd like to know when it's finished, so I can actually commit the game state altering effect ( example: adding to armor stat ).

I wanna be able to swap in VFX assets of any time and just be able to query when it's done, sort of like Animation.IsPlaying.