Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

"Check workspace has not changed" Freezes Unity

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by ehnree, Jul 31, 2017.

1. ehnree

ehnree

Hi there,

recently, I've been getting this issue where I cannot update anymore unless I literally take all my local changes, store them in a separate folder, restore to the latest version, and then it lets me pull. I saw the forum thread here, which is where I found the above work around.

has this still not been fixed yet? This is a serious issue and if this happens everytime, collab simply won't be viable for us.

Attached Files:

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ehnree! I'm sorry you're running into this issue. I'd like to get a little more info about your workflow leading up to this issue popping up. Do you remember what changes you had made locally and what kind of changes you had pending in the Updates? You can double check by looking through your Timeline tab of the Collab section of the Developer Dashboard.

Have you also tried deleting your Collab folder in the Library folder of your project to see if that clears away your error without needing to redownload everything?

3. khalvr

khalvr

One year later and this issue persists. Unity hangs on "check for workplace has not changed", deleting the Collab folder makes no difference. Had to delete the whole project folder and lose hours of work. When I tried downloading it from the cloud again it hangs at about 95% downloaded. A colleague of mine once had to do the same thing (remove and re-download), but for him, the .sln file somehow got corrupted (references occurred twice in the file) and he had to work around this. Literally the only thing that was changed which broke collaborate was moving a bunch of materials between folders. It's absolutely baffling that this garbage made it out of beta, 9 out of 10 development issues at my company are due to Collaborate messing things up between the versions. Other people's work being ignored or outright removed, meta files not being properly synced, files not being tracked, etc. Once i was asked to sync down a change i made myself 30 seconds ago. We all have previous VCS experience, and it is NOT a user error. Using Collaborate for any kind of production with more than 2 members is a recipe for disaster.