Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Check where input is coming from

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Reddevildragg, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Reddevildragg

Reddevildragg

With the new input system is there a way to check what control scheme an input is coming from, or to disable a particular input.

What i need to do is movement with WASD to work only when the right mouse is held down. But if this movement is being processed from a controler axis to just ignore the right click requirement.

Happy for it to be that if a controller plugged in then the keyboard/mouse is disabled and assuming i can do something around the control schemes to do this, but not 100% sure what the process of this would be

Thanks

2. Reddevildragg

Reddevildragg

figured it out, if anyone else stumbles across the need for this i made a vector2withmod custom composite

Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    2. [InitializeOnLoad] // Automatically register in editor.
    3. #endif
    4. public class Vector2CompositeWithModifierComposite : Vector2Composite
    5. {
    6.      [InputControl(layout = "Button")] public int modifier;
    8.      // This method computes the resulting input value of the composite based
    9.      // on the input from its part bindings.
    10.      public override Vector2 ReadValue(ref InputBindingCompositeContext context)
    11.      {
    12.          return context.ReadValueAsButton(modifier) ? base.ReadValue(ref context) : default;
    13.      }
    15.      static Vector2CompositeWithModifierComposite()
    16.      {
    17.          InputSystem.RegisterBindingComposite<Vector2CompositeWithModifierComposite>();
    18.      }
    19.      [RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod]
    20.      static void Init() {} // Trigger static constructor.
    21. }

3. Jichaels

Jichaels

You can access the current control scheme using InputPlayer.currentControlScheme (or just controlScheme on older versions).

unityunity