Search Unity

check layer order

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Vindatra14, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Vindatra14

Vindatra14

In unity can we check layer order from gameobject ??

2. KeithKong

KeithKong

Type your exact sentence into google.

:p

3. Vindatra14

Vindatra14

can't find any at google, that's why I come here

4. KeithKong

KeithKong

The very first result for your sentence is the Unity docs pointing you to "GameObject.layer".

5. Vindatra14

Vindatra14

I can change the sorting order, I can manipulate the layer. But I can't check that layer number

6. KeithKong

KeithKong

You're trolling me right? I literally just linked you to the page showing how to get the number.

7. Vindatra14

Vindatra14

no I mean I change the layer use int layer, but how I can acces it without int layer at first. That script tell int layer first, then we can acces it with gameobject.layer. without int layer, how can I know the layer number that's I want to know, if is is can

8. KeithKong

KeithKong

There's definitely a language barrier here, but without a gameObject there is no gameObject layer to check. That's all I can say haha

9. Vindatra14

Vindatra14

hhmm ok, what I want to make is, I have gameobject a b and c, but when I click it a want that gameobject that I clik move upper behind other object, for example 1. object a b and c at layer 0, but when I click object b that object b move to layer 1 and become the upper object at 2d, then after that If I click object c that object c move to the upper layer than a and b. How can I make it if u have any idea