Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Check in files outside of Assets folder?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by PhobicGunner, Jul 21, 2016.

1. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

I'm liking how easy Collaborate is to use so far, but I have one question. Is it possible, or could it be added, to allow for files outside of the Assets folder to be checked in?
    I ask because I've integrated FMOD Studio with my project, and FMOD projects contain quite a few files. Having those reside inside the assets folder is a bit of a pain because it means Unity has to process and import all of the files related to an FMOD project as assets even though that isn't really necessary so it's a bit of a waste of time. At the moment I just have the bank files checked in, but it would be nice if I could have the project reside outside the assets folder and check it into Collaborate so that the editor doesn't import all of the files as assets and I can have a safe place to store the project rather than having it only reside on someone's local hard drive or find another solution for sharing it.

2. quixotic

quixotic

Administrator

There is not yet a way to do that! Feature request noted : )

3. joaobsneto

joaobsneto

Sad to hear that. Any updates or workarounds? I have the same issue that PhobicGunner.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

5. joaobsneto

joaobsneto