Search Unity

Check Duplicate Bundle Dependencies

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Rafarel, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Rafarel

Rafarel

Hello,

I'm still making a lot of experiments with Addressables and I have some questions about duplicate bundle dependencies and the Analyse tools provided.

I have a single addressable prefab that is a Sprite. (transform + sprite renderer)
    When I click on "Run Tests", it appears that the texture used by this single Sprite is considered as a duplicate dependency. Why ? What are the objects that depending of this texture other than the Sprite renderer ?

Does that mean that for every Sprite of my project I need to have their textures as addressables ?

It would be great to being able to get more informations about what are these dependencies.
    Details are important to understand things and having the sensation of being in control and not let the magic happen.

It would be also great being able to run tests on a single addressable asset to investigate just one thing at the time in order to make it more understandable. Something like right click on the addressable asset and "Check dependencies", you know what I mean ?

Thanks guys, amazing work !

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

We have some known issues (or more to the point, we know we have some unknown issues) with the analyze functionality. The goal is to clean that up and add functionality in the next release or two. Sorry it's not quite working right yet.

-Bill

MNNoxMortem likes this.
  3. Rafarel

Rafarel

This Addressable package sounds very powerful but its kind of mysterious to work with for now, you don't know if your game will survive this ^^

Very nice work, I can't wait the next version.