Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Check cache folder?

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Jean-Fabre, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

I think I have accelerator running (OSX), but I don't think it's caching where I defined it.

How can I double check where the cache is?

Thanks,

Bye,

Jean

2. bradunity

bradunity

@Jean-Fabre, the storage directory you chose during the installation (default for OS X would be ~/Library/Unity/accelerator) should house a "cache" folder that contains all the files currently stored.

3. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

yes, but how do you verify that now? because I did that and I am watching that folder I defined and nothing new is added to it nor does the current files change in size, though Accelerator is running and when I switch, It does seem to work ( I switching from mac/pc to IOS to Android, and it's significantly faster indeed)

So, I am not sure how to to actually monitor what's going on...

Bye,

Jean

4. bradunity

bradunity

In that directory, you should also see a unity-accelerator.cfg and a unity-accelerator.log. You can enable more logging by changing the Debug value to true and restart the Accelerator (on OS X, a launchctl stop com.unity3d.accelerator will stop the service and launchd will restart it). The logs should indicate when items are being retrieved or stored.

Additionally, the Unity Editor logs will contain information like the following if items are being stored/retrieved from its perspective:

Using Asset Import Pipeline V2
    RemoteAssetCacheGetArtifact
    RemoteAssetCache::AddArtifactToCacheServer

5. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

ok, thanks for the infos, will investigate.

Bye,

Jean