Search Unity

"cheating" reflections [screen space reflections] help...

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Chaoss, May 31, 2014.

1. Chaoss

Chaoss

So I've managed to make the start of a screen-based reflection shader using the Scene Color node, I've sort of managed to get the panning of the 'scene' texture so the reflection reacts to the direction of the camera and it would pass as acceptable in most of the use cases I have for it, but there is an issue where it doesn't work on any surface that's not facing upward. I'd like to be able to use this as a glass shader on buildings.

I am aware of the limitations and the accompanying artifacts which I have plans on how to cover up, But I'd like to get the shader working in it's current state before i pretty it up

I somehow need to translate UV's or something and ANY clues would be a really big help as I am pretty clueless from here on out and don't really know where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated, I will also be sharing the shader on the Shader Forge wiki once it is complete for others to use.

2. Chaoss

Chaoss

Anyone?

3. metaleap

metaleap

Try posting some code.. even if generated.. don't think many of us in here care about ShaderForge screens :D

4. aubergine

aubergine