Search Unity

CHEAP MODELS Introducing myself!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SteamModels, Jan 30, 2011.

1. SteamModels

SteamModels

Hi Forum!

I'd like to introduce myself - My name is Josh and I'm a upcoming 3D modeler. About a year ago I started using various tools at my school; 3DS max, Milkshape and Photoshop to create 3D models. While at the time, it was just a little thing I did at lunch times, it soon became something I did very often. In the last few months I have started to work on ways of making my models look better but with lower poly count. I realized that the best way to do this would be via textures, and that's when I looked at how to create realistic looking textures.

This past month has been the month that I have worked my (Sorry for the bad language) butt off to produce some work which I am pretty proud of. So I thought, seeing as there's a whole community on indie developers right here, I might as well offer you guys some of my work.

The work I am offering here is pretty low poly, which means it is not only great for PC games, but can also be used on hand-held devices as well! However, fear not developers who are looking for great looking models, these models have very high end textures and therefore still look stunning!

Here's my work:

SCREEN SHOTS ARE BELOW!

BioShock Guy - This guy has a similar look to the well known game Bioshock, I guess I could say I got the inspiration from that. Bare in mind this model hasn't got the bump map added onto it, but does have one included!

The Green Hopper is a great model to use in RPG games. Its fantasy looks make it a great model to use, plus is doesn't half look mean! ;).

The Tank is a great low-poly model for all your war games! I'd say this would work best with a hand-held device, however it still looks great on a PC screen, as seen below!

Although I can't offer these models for free, I'd like to offer them at pretty low prices!

The Mining Guardian (BioShock Guy) I am selling for $10
    The Green Hopper I am selling for $5
    The Tank I am selling for $5

I must also point out that the models are not animated, however they are ready to be animated and shouldn't take long at all!

For more information, or to buy a model, just send me a message and we'll sort it out from there.

Cheers guys! :D

PS. Comments would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Attached Files:

• $4.jpg
      $4.jpg
      File size:
      42 KB
      Views:
    • $4.jpg
      $4.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    • $3.jpg
      $3.jpg
      File size:
      68.1 KB
      Views:
    • $4.jpg
      $4.jpg
      File size:
      37.3 KB
      Views:
    • $3.jpg
      $3.jpg
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. herpderpy

herpderpy

Just received the Green Hopper in my email, Great quality model.
    Thanks.

3. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Welcome to the forums dude.Looks like pretty good models there. What are the poly counts if you don't mind me asking?... and if you do?

4. SteamModels

SteamModels

Hey Killer.

Assuming that the poly count is the triangle count (Sorry, like i said im pretty new to this stuff) here are the stats:

Tank : 4643
    Mining Guy : 2285
    Green Hopper : 2978

Anything else you need to know?

5. JRavey

JRavey

Did you use an M2 Bradley as the basis for that IFV? It looks like a mirrored Bradley, which is why I'm asking. Other than the mirroring, it would be good for an RTS.

6. SteamModels

SteamModels

JRavey, yeah it's a Bradley

7. SteamModels

SteamModels

8. xAdix

xAdix

looking very good and i would like to see that tank

unityunity