Search Unity

Charts and Graphs for unity3d [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BitsplashIO, Jan 11, 2017.

1. AlexRinggaardCP

AlexRinggaardCP

Hey Bit, thanks for the super quick fix! It works great again.

2. shaikalaka

shaikalaka

Hi, Thank you for the amazing plugin!!

I was wondering how I would go about highlighting a point in the chart. For instance, I have a UI where there is a slider and I want to highlight the point in the chart according to values in the slider. So if the slider says value 100 i want to highlight the points on the graph where y = 100.

Any help is much appreciated!

3. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Take a look at the following tutorial:
    Also take a look at the folder Tutorials/Marker for the poin highlight tutorial

4. Kaimen001

Kaimen001

Hello,
    I love Charts and Graphs. I'm having a problem updating the plugin to version 1.11.4 in Unity 2019.4.37f1. For reasons of the project I cannot put unity 2020 although I did a test in 2020 and I get the same result.
    When upgrading, various messages about loss of reference to the 'ChartParser' namespace appear:

Assets\Chart And Graph\Script\DataFillers\GraphDataFiller.cs(127,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ChartParser' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

You can help.
    Thank you very much.

5. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there,
    Try doing a clean import. Delete all the Graph and Chart libraries and reimport the newset version of the asset.

6. kgong

kgong

I am developing a mobile app and in need of a good graphing asset. Does this asset support Android / iOS?

7. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Yes , mobile is supported. feel free to contact me with any issues at support@bitsplash.io

8. anagashi_zzz

anagashi_zzz

Greeting,

I've been using this plugins for a while now, and I love it.

But currently facing an issue here. When I spawned the chart, the text won't appear at the game scene.
    Is there anyway to make it appear? (Even I use scripting to connect my MainCamera to Text Camera at the inspector.)

9. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. Please contact me at support@bitsplash.io with more details of your setup.

10. timothyhermawan

timothyhermawan

Hi. I got this error after importing the TextMeshPro package..

Assets\Chart and Graph\Script\ChartCommon.cs(11,29): error CS0759: No defining declaration found for implementing declaration of partial method 'ChartCommon.DoTextSignInternal(MonoBehaviour, double)'

upload_2022-6-14_16-5-59.png

11. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there , please contact me on support@bitsplash.io

12. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

Asset Import Error when using playmaker, throw these 2 errors

Assets\Chart And Graph\Editor\Playmaker\GraphPointActionEditor.cs(8,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AppendGraphPointAction' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Chart And Graph\Playmaker\AddRadarCategory3D.cs(14,35): error CS0122: 'WorldSpaceRadarChart' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Unity 2021.3.5f1
    Using GraphChart 1.11.6

To repo:
    Start new project
    installed Playmaker
    Install Chart and Graph

Thank You

13. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Fixed for the latest version

14. JDSweet

JDSweet

Hey friend, I was contemplating purchasing one of your Graph and Chart assets in the near future for a geopolitical simulation strategy game I'm working on, but I have a handful of questions and considerations I hope you'll be able to look over and respond to, to help me assess how suitable your assets are to my project, and which asset would be ideal for me (pro or lite).

(1) I'm planning to use the graphs to visually represent the demographic and economic information of provinces and cities in a user-interface.

(2) I don't really plan to use 3D features or scientific notation.

(3) I don't expect to have to have many graphs on screen - maybe 4-8 max.

(4) Some of the graphs will have a dynamic number of categories (for example, if, in my game, Germany is destroyed in a proxy war between two superpowers, and German refugees flee to Paris for asylum, the nationality graph in the Paris province will gain a new category to represent the new German refugees in Paris). The graphs representing these categories will have to be updated from code dynamically once per turn.

15. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. Firstly note that you can always upgrade from lite to pro by paying the price difference.
    Regarding your questions. It depends on whether you want to stream the data or to show static data.
    if new points are added to the chart in realtime(a few times a second) , you should use either Pro or Scientific versions.
    If you only update the chart one in a while (which sounds more similar to your use case "once per turn"). Then the lite version should do.
    Dynamic categories and recreation of the Graph from code is possible with all versions.
    see this part to learn more about modifing categories from code https://bitsplash.io/docs/graph-chart/graph-categories/adding-and-removing-categories

Also note , that the lite version has license limitations https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vbgIYjmU3aFtCYTx5BLcST3nxG_7YcP91fcLy8zVc9s/edit?usp=sharing

16. tstewart_irl

tstewart_irl

Hello, is it still possible to create stacked bars? I followed the documentation but I just get bars that look like this.

chartandgraphbars.png

17. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there.
    In order to make the bars stacked , you should set the group seperation to 0 in the inspector.

tstewart_irl likes this.
  18. schmosef

schmosef

Getting the following error after importing the new 1.11.7 release into a new project:

The type or namespace name 'masterBarSelection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I'm using Unity 2021.3.6f1.

Anybody else having this problem?

19. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. Just checked this now. I can import it without an issue. My guess is that you did not do a clean import.
    Try deleting the graph and chart folder and then importing the asset.(make sure to backup the project before)

you can contact me at support@bitsplash.io if you need anything

schmosef likes this.
  20. schmosef

schmosef

Welp, I did a clean import before...

But I tried again. And this time it worked without issue.

Not sure what the issue was.

Thanks for responding.

21. wiprotechno

wiprotechno

I am trying to generate a 3D graph with Realtime live data, is it available in this package. If not, how can I create it.

22. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

please contact me at support@bitsplash.io

23. Philkrom

Philkrom

Concerning this thread : https://forum.unity.com/threads/charts-and-graphs-for-unity3d-released.450560/page-9#post-8255664

Hello,
    I just downloaded the latest (?) version on the asset store (1.6 - February 24, 2022) and I have the same error :

Assets\Graph And Chart - Lite Edition\Editor\Playmaker\GraphPointActionEditor.cs(7,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AppendGraphPointAction' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Did I miss something? A newer version somewhere ?
    Best regards, Philippe

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  24. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. This issue should be fixed in version 1.6.1. please see that it all works well for you.
    Happy to help

25. Omid7L

Omid7L

I use the following to limit the scrolling of my graph chart but only the lower if statement works for both.
    In the graph, the vertical axis is the number and the horizontal axis is the DateTime.
    How to calculate lower and upper limit of scrollable data for limit?

private void Update()
    {
    if(graph.HorizontalScrolling < 0)
    graph.HorizontalScrolling = 0;

if (graph.HorizontalScrolling > graph.ScrollableData.GetMaxXValue())
    graph.HorizontalScrolling = graph.ScrollableData.GetMaxXValue();

if (graph.VerticalScrolling < 0)
    graph.VerticalScrolling = 0;

if (graph.VerticalScrolling > graph.ScrollableData.GetMaxYValue())
    graph.VerticalScrolling = graph.ScrollableData.GetMaxYValue();
    }

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  26. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

keep track of the max and min values of your data. Then do this:

graph.HorizontalScrolling + graph.HorizontalViewSize > max value.

ScrollableData.GetMaxYValue() etc are for internal use only.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. you can contact me on support@bitsplash.io

Omid7L likes this.
  27. NJsoaring

NJsoaring

I get this error when I try to change graph localrotation in world canvas.

Steps:
    1.Open your template scene in path: "Chart And Graph/Themes/2d/Graph/preset 10.unity".
    2.Change canvas render mode to 'World Space'.
    3.Change 'GraphChart' rotation to {0, 180, 0} in inspector.

We find the line and fill is not rendered correctly. When the 'GraphChart' rotation value is between {0, 90, 0} and {0, 270, 0}.
    Graph.png

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  28. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

By default Graph and Chart uses RectMask2D, you can change to stencil mask to solve this problem:
    chart.StencilMask = true;
    write this line in the start method of your code.
    Happy to help,…

29. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Hi there, I'm currently adding data to a simple 2D line graph, where I allow the user to add and remove a list of 5 categories.

When I hit the remove/add button, I call ClearCategory();

This works perfectly in the editor, but when I deploy to a Galaxy S8 android phone, all the graph categories disappear immediately. Is there something in particular I have to do for mobile?

30. LexaMV

LexaMV

I found a bug

I have 4 buttons, depending on them, I build 4 graphs by changing the data on the x-axis.

If I switch the axes format like this

_horizontalAxis.Format = AxisFormat.Number;
    _horizontalAxis.Format = AxisFormat.Date;
    _horizontalAxis.Format = AxisFormat.Time;

works correctly, but if i do this

_horizontalAxis.Format = AxisFormat.Time;

or

unity hangs for 10 seconds

31. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

Hi @BitsplashIO,
    I am considering buying your asset but wanted to make sure it supports the feature I need: Stacked Graphs.
    I have to implement a streaming graph chart where all charts are "cumulated" (so they are stacked upon each other).
    This is from the mockup I have to implement:
    upload_2023-1-12_11-29-42.png

Also, it should be possible to show / hide every single graph, which would change the stacking.

Is this possible with your asset?

32. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Seems weird. I am not sure this is related to Graph and Chart. could be something in the editor runtime. However please contact me at support@bitsplash.io

33. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

In version 1.13.0 I have added two scripts StackGraphManager.cs and StackedGraphExample.cs. They can be found in Tutorials/StackedGraph along with an example scene showing how to use them.

here is a link to the documentation explaining how to use them:

https://bitsplash.io/docs/graph-chart/stacked-graph-manager

schmosef and Hosnkobf like this.
  34. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

Thanks for your quick implementation of the requested feature.
    Unfortunately, the implementation is not usable for real world data.

As far as I can see, it requires having data points for all graphs at the same time-locations. My data doesn't fulfill this requirement.
    I was hoping the stacked graph could automatically insert "virtual data points" to calculate the correct stacking. See the attached picture below.

upload_2023-1-20_9-39-27.png

35. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

no worries. I am on it.

36. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

nice, but no worries, I implemented "interpolated data points" into my data model :D

37. Goodsquirrel

Goodsquirrel

Can I use 'charts and graphs' in a URP project? I mostly need 2d pie charts and 2d bar charts for a mobile game (iOS and Android). The asset description says "LWRP and HDRP are supported" but in this forum on Nov 5 and Nov 7, 2021 it seems as if URP is supported at least in some ways. (MINJU-KANG talks about "Currently developing Unity2021.1.28f1/URP/VIVE Pro/", and BitsplashIO replied "I'll send you the new shader files that will be available in the next version"). So what do I have to expect with URP in 2023?

38. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there. You an use it if you convert the materials from classic to urp materials.
    https://jordancassady.medium.com/ho...to-urp-in-unity-2021-2-and-above-3f1274656989
    If you are having any issues in doing so , feel free to contact me if you are having trouble with this support@bitsplash.io

39. Gnosis_Labs

Gnosis_Labs

how can i make the item label show only when hovering over a point ? also i want that single point label to show only, not all the items labels

40. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

41. tgrayston

tgrayston

Just implemented a streaming line graph for debugging purposes. Working well except it quickly hits the mesh vertices limit. The docs say to use
    chart.DataSource.GetCategory("cat12").Data.RemoveAllBefore()
    to delete elements that are no longer visible but GetCategory doesn't seem to be a member of DataSource??

The docs seem to be out of date? How is this best done now?

42. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

You seem to looking at the docs of scientific edition. If you are using the regular edition , then you should look at the following article :

If you are having trouble contact me at support@bitsplash.io

tgrayston likes this.
  43. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Thanks for making this really awesome Graphing asset.
    I am using the regular edition and would like to a graph exactly like this image. Would love to know how it can be done and what tutorials graphs to start with.

Attached Files:

44. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Is it possible to have a bar graph and a line graph together in the picture.
    1. The entire graph can be scrolled horizontally
    2. The bar graph legend is in date format

Cheers

Attached Files:

• Bar.jpg
      Bar.jpg
      File size:
      14.9 KB
      Views:
  45. sauravstr

sauravstr

Can I remove the fill of the Graph Chart? I want the fill to be reversed towards X-axis But I did not find any solution for that.

46. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

Hi there.
    Have a look at the following article : https://bitsplash.io/docs/graph-chart/graph-categories/category-settings

Look for the mixed chart tutorials from within the asset.

if you are having any trouble , contact me at support@bitsplash.io

47. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

currently the fill is made along the x axis only.
    To remove it , just set the fill material to none.

if you having trouble , contact me at suppot@bitsplash.io

48. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Please advise how to remove the graph fill and also the last number on the horizontal axis because it overlaps the previous number on the xaxis and is confusing.

Attached Files:

49. BitsplashIO

BitsplashIO

to remove the fill set it's material to non. see this for more information https://bitsplash.io/docs/graph-chart/graph-categories/category-settings

regarding the last number , do this in your start method :
    HorizontalAxis axis = chart.getComponent<HorizontalAxis>();
    axis.WithEdges = false;

50. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Found where to remove the filling. It's called " Inner Fill "